Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I've ordered my NUS Extra card online, and it says I can pick it up in about a week (from the Guild) when they email me.

Will the Guild be open at the moment for me to collect it when it's ready? Or do I need to wait until Freshers Week? I'm heading to the uni with some friends to familiarise ourselves with routes etc; since it's only a £5 return train journey from where we live, we thought it would be wise!

Thanks all!

|| Sam

ReputationRep:
    why's it only 5 pounds?

ReputationRep:
    Because I live about 30 miles away. I've clarified what I meant in my post, lol.

ReputationRep:
    LOL sorry!! I just saw the 5 pounds n it jumped out at me.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe no probs, I do the same allll the time.

ReputationRep:
    Phone them

0121 251 2300

ReputationRep:
    most of the cards dont arrive until the week before freshers, so I'd be surprised if they are already there and you can pick up - also there are a reduced number of staff in the Guild at the mo, with less office hours, as its a break between semesters. worth a go, but I'd imagine you have to wait until freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    The Guild sholud be open but I doubt the NUS office is.

Last year I ordered my card weeks in advance but still had to wait for about 3 weeks into term for it to arrive.

If you're around anyway then maybe pop in and see but I wouldn't rely on it being open if you're making a special trip.

ReputationRep:
    Wow I didn't know there was a separate NUS office, thanks Hailey.

|| Sam

ReputationRep:
    hehe no problem Well it's more of a cupboard than an office but all the same. Enjoy your student discount!

ReputationRep:
    What's the easiest way to order the NUS extra card?

ReputationRep:
    I did mine online. You either use your webcam or upload a photo to it, give some details and pay, and then they deliver it to the Guild for collection. Don't know how else you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else opened a Llyolds TSB student account where you get a free NUS Extra card? If so do they just send it to you or how do I go about actually getting it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat89)
    What's the easiest way to order the NUS extra card?
    If you wait 'till freshers week, they'll almost certainly be selling them in the guild.

ReputationRep:
    You had to order your card online last year, unless you want to queue for a while to use a computer in the common room in the guild. my best suggestion is go online and order one before coming to uni - just google NUS Extra card and you should find the right website

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between the old NUS card and this NUS extra?

ReputationRep:
    There is no old NUS card now, if you want NUS discounts you have to buy this card.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.