username97881
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey guys.

I've ordered my NUS Extra card online, and it says I can pick it up in about a week (from the Guild) when they email me.

Will the Guild be open at the moment for me to collect it when it's ready? Or do I need to wait until Freshers Week? I'm heading to the uni with some friends to familiarise ourselves with routes etc; since it's only a £5 return train journey from where we live, we thought it would be wise!

Thanks all!

|| Sam
lyrical_maze
Report 12 years ago
why's it only 5 pounds?
username97881
Rep:
?
Because I live about 30 miles away. I've clarified what I meant in my post, lol.
lyrical_maze
Report 12 years ago
LOL sorry!! I just saw the 5 pounds n it jumped out at me.
username97881
Rep:
?
Hehe no probs, I do the same allll the time.
Ashbourne1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Phone them

0121 251 2300
lstacy69
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
most of the cards dont arrive until the week before freshers, so I'd be surprised if they are already there and you can pick up - also there are a reduced number of staff in the Guild at the mo, with less office hours, as its a break between semesters. worth a go, but I'd imagine you have to wait until freshers week.
HaileyBailey
Report 12 years ago
The Guild sholud be open but I doubt the NUS office is.

Last year I ordered my card weeks in advance but still had to wait for about 3 weeks into term for it to arrive.

If you're around anyway then maybe pop in and see but I wouldn't rely on it being open if you're making a special trip.
username97881
Rep:
?
Wow I didn't know there was a separate NUS office, thanks Hailey.

|| Sam
HaileyBailey
Report 12 years ago
hehe no problem Well it's more of a cupboard than an office but all the same. Enjoy your student discount!
Nat89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What's the easiest way to order the NUS extra card?
username97881
Rep:
?
I did mine online. You either use your webcam or upload a photo to it, give some details and pay, and then they deliver it to the Guild for collection. Don't know how else you can do it!
ShaunP1989
Report 12 years ago
Anyone else opened a Llyolds TSB student account where you get a free NUS Extra card? If so do they just send it to you or how do I go about actually getting it?
edd8990
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nat89)
What's the easiest way to order the NUS extra card?
If you wait 'till freshers week, they'll almost certainly be selling them in the guild.
lstacy69
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You had to order your card online last year, unless you want to queue for a while to use a computer in the common room in the guild. my best suggestion is go online and order one before coming to uni - just google NUS Extra card and you should find the right website
pinotgrigio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What's the difference between the old NUS card and this NUS extra?
Ashbourne1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There is no old NUS card now, if you want NUS discounts you have to buy this card.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads