Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I'm feeling a little uneasy due to the fact I STILL haven't been sent the receipt for my advance rent payment from the uni. I sent it to them before the deadline (which was something like August 10th) and I phoned them up the day before the deadline to check that there wasn't anything wrong. They told me they'd received the payment. Weeks later, still nothing has come in the post. I phoned them yesterday and once again they said that they HAD received the payment. I know there's not a lot more I can do, but what if I still haven't got this receipt by the time I get there?

Thank you for reading and I hope you stay strong with me through my ORDEAL

ReputationRep:
    Do they give reciepts? I remember before I started getting very stressed about things like this. I know Portsmouth uni can be very vague about what you need to get certain things (like your key to halls!) but theyre actually very... Good when your there! They are quite organised. And I really don't remember having a reciept for my deposit, they've got it on their records though so that should be enough?

Or am I being completely backwards with assuming why you wanted a receipt!?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as far as I remeber the only reciept I had was a reference no for the bank card I used and the statement itself.

They just knock the deposit off the first halls payment.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a receipt. But I do have an email from them.

ReputationRep:
    receipt!!!!! we were supposed to get a receipt (panics runs around in circles)

ReputationRep:
    Were we?

ReputationRep:
    No!

ReputationRep:
    Okay people DONT PANIC, You would ONLY get a receipt IF you sent them a pre paid self adressed envelope when u sent off your payment.

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.