Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What would you say is the most difficult degree (undergraduate) in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancer83)
    What would you say is the most difficult degree (undergraduate) in the UK?
    Medicine

BSc Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method

ReputationRep:
    Medicine, Physics and Law (for its vast amounts of reading).

ReputationRep:
    why physics - would maths not be equally hard?

ReputationRep:
    sure with law you've got to remember lots - but if you just "dont-get" the maths - your a bit screwed! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Classics

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, was a bit slow getting the Poll up as well (didn't realise I'd posted first... )

I've tried to get most courses in on only 10 options (as it's not allowed to post more) and I've really done my best to try to get the categories somewhat right.

Feel free to tick a few different courses if you want.

ReputationRep:
    you put engineering in the same category as computer science??????? the injustice ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    you put engineering in the same category as computer science??????? the injustice ;p
    Sorry
    I only had 10 options and I'm no super-expert on different subjects...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry
    So you started a poll on it??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I voted law, although I know it's medicine. Can't see how medicine is associated with Vet Sci though. Law is hardly than the latter, though probably not the former.

If the truth be told it's probably mathematics. I know from personal experience that law is piss easy.

Philosophy is the deepest of all subjects, but learning mathematics is the hardest.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry
    hey its ok

i've got a feeling i should of put medicine really, lot of responibility though guys have.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't Computer Science come under Mathematical Sciecnces?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're bad at. I know plenty of arts students who are terrified of anything mathematical and would fail utterly a maths degree, likewise I know plenty of maths/science students who have real difficulty with essay writing, despite the ease with which they can manipulate equations.

Some subjects - medicine, in particular - are harder in the sense that they demand more learning and hard work, but a lot of it is rote learning, and I'm not sure that they are necessarily as intellectually demanding as some other subjects.

But I'll say Maths. Just because if you can't do it, you probably can't do it. Even the most illiterate maths students could probably scrape a pass on a media studies degree, whilst most media studies students probably wouldn't have a chance on a maths degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Depends what you're bad at. I know plenty of arts students who are terrified of anything mathematical and would fail utterly a maths degree, likewise I know plenty of maths/science students who have real difficulty with essay writing, despite the ease with which they can manipulate equations.

Some subjects - medicine, in particular - are harder in the sense that they demand more learning and hard work, but a lot of it is rote learning, and I'm not sure that they are necessarily as intellectually demanding as some other subjects.

But I'll say Maths. Just because if you can't do it, you probably can't do it. Even the most illiterate maths students could probably scrape a pass on a media studies degree, whilst most media studies students probably wouldn't have a chance on a maths degree.
    does that not make Engineering (Electronic) harder than maths, as thats not only super hard maths but much much more?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even see history on the thread. What the duck!?

ReputationRep:
    i would say overall that the medics, vets and dentists have to put in the most work over their degree course what with 9-5's and a 5 or 6 year course. However, I think that some science types are overly snobby towards art students. Yes we have less hours timetables but we have more work to do outside. For instance one of my mates was a second year medic and I would have rather had her time table (for this year anyway i know the next clinical few years are nasty) and she always seemed to have weeks off or various afternoons off and very little work to actually do outside of the lecture theatre and it only seemed to be medics that had free time at weekends when everyone else was busy trying to write esays. Although when you look at the whole picture i don't think other subjects can compete with the medics etc when you look at the whole time spent on their degree.

ReputationRep:
    I think maths was a piece of cake actually. Talking from experience, of course.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.