Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully some current Warwickians can help. When I accepted my offer I was sent a 'preliminary booklist' and 'recommended advance reading' for history and politics. Will they give us an 'official' list when we get there or are we supposed to be getting these books now? I'm hoping to wait to get to warwick, as it might be cheaper getting em' off older students.

ReputationRep:
    No they are not expecting you to. Its recommended and wont harm you if you do. But if I was you id hold fire on buying books until you arrive, then youll know what books are essential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by castroneves)
    No they are not expecting you to. Its recommended and wont harm you if you do. But if I was you id hold fire on buying books until you arrive, then youll know what books are essential.
    k, cheers for that.

ReputationRep:
    With history and politics, you are not required to read anything before arriving. So don't waste your September trying to get your head around Hobsbawm; you can do that bit by bit when you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    no they dont expect it but some of the books that were on reading list were on some week's recommended reading list so and plus when u write your essay you can use some of these books for reference which is always nice

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.