The Student Room Group

How do/did you revise?

I just want to know how you guys revise for your subjects and maybe find a new revision technique
I teach other students
I make notes, then from my notes I make flash cards, and do past papers. I find discussing my revision and pretending to teach it to someone else helps.
Original post by rosie.mn
I make notes, then from my notes I make flash cards, and do past papers. I find discussing my revision and pretending to teach it to someone else helps.

Yes I did that and so now I properly teach people now
Reply 4
I tend to read over lecture/textbook notes and create flash cards from them, highlighting buzzwords helps as well. If there's anything I don't understand, I'd use youtube videos to help me (very useful in Maths/Science). The best thing really is to keep doing past papers, you'll get a good feel on what to expect but obviously don't revise on past papers alone. Ask your tutor/teacher if there's anything you don't understand and they should help you.

Use mnemonics, these are very useful in remembering lists or processes.
Reply 5

when making your flashcards, do you bullet point or write brief sentences?
Original post by pixiexx
when making your flashcards, do you bullet point or write brief sentences?

It depends on the subject. For history I do bullet points of little facts and dates. For philosophy I write out short premises. For English Lit I do quotes and for Politics I do brief sentences and facts.
Reply 7
It depends on the subject. For history I do bullet points of little facts and dates. For philosophy I write out short premises. For English Lit I do quotes and for Politics I do brief sentences and facts.

what would you suggest doing for biology and chem???

Quick Reply

Latest