A-Levels or BTEC? Watch

Emilykett_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I am currently in my last year at Secondary school and i'm stuck with what I should do in the future. I want to stay on for 6th form and do Drama, History and BTEC Applied Science but I don't know if I could do that and get into uni and become a Veterinary Nurse. All uni's want Biology or Chemistry A-Levels but I've been told that I shouldn't do it because it's too hard for me, hence why I was going to do the BTEC. Would I still be able to get into uni and do a degree with a BTEC instead of an A-Level?
KyleH123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emilykett_)
Hi, I am currently in my last year at Secondary school and i'm stuck with what I should do in the future. I want to stay on for 6th form and do Drama, History and BTEC Applied Science but I don't know if I could do that and get into uni and become a Veterinary Nurse. All uni's want Biology or Chemistry A-Levels but I've been told that I shouldn't do it because it's too hard for me, hence why I was going to do the BTEC. Would I still be able to get into uni and do a degree with a BTEC instead of an A-Level?
Who told you it's too hard for you?

If you want to be a vet nurse, study what you need to apply to vet nursing.
Emilykett_
Rep:
?
(Original post by KyleH123)
Who told you it's too hard for you?

If you want to be a vet nurse, study what you need to apply to vet nursing.

My Science teachers. They think that I wouldn't be able to do A-Level Biology or Chemistry, which was why I was going to do the BTEC. I need these to be a veterinary nurse, which was why I thought a BTEC would be the equivelant as I would be covering basically the same stuff.
KyleH123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emilykett_)
My Science teachers. They think that I wouldn't be able to do A-Level Biology or Chemistry, which was why I was going to do the BTEC. I need these to be a veterinary nurse, which was why I thought a BTEC would be the equivelant as I would be covering basically the same stuff.
http://www.rvc.ac.uk/study/undergrad...tended-diploma

Most of the unis take BTECs for entry. Entry grades seem to vary from MMP to DMM. Along with 5 GCSEs. Speak with your careers adviser and contact the universities before you choose your level 3 qualifications.

And most of all, FOCUS ON DOING WELL IN YOUR GCSEs.
Emilykett_
Rep:
?
Okay thank you for the link I'll have a look at it now and talk to my adviser. Thank you for your help and good luck to you as well in what you do

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (378)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.35%

Watched Threads