Turn on thread page Beta

Discharge everyday at 19? watch

So yeah im only 19 but for the last 2 years i've had to use pantyliners every single day because i get so much discharge. It doesnt smell or anything, it just makes my pants wet so its not very nice. I dont have anything wrong, ive been tested for all sti's and everything, ive had thrush before but even when i dont i still get discharge. Any other girls out there like me, or am i suffering alone?

resubmitting this as it didnt appear last time

ReputationRep:
    I get a bit, but not that much... I guess it just depends on the person. I wouldn't worry about it, since you have been checked out. Probably annoying though!

I get this too, and I am also 19, I am SO glad to have read this because although I've been tested etc and you always read in things that the 'normal' amount of discharge varies between people I was still kinda concerned!

I also have this, and I'm 19 too. It's been like this for me for years.
    It is annoying, but I don't think there's much we can do.

OK I officially love you both I'm not a freak!!!

I'm the same, never thought about it thou..just tought it was natural?

I also get this and i am also 19 and i also was worried i was a freak haha

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm the same, never thought about it thou..just tought it was natural?
    Ditto.
    It's not like mega amounts or anything.
    I am 19 also.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm guess its just one of those things, the amount probably varies from person to person, you may just be one of the unlucky one's!
    And is discharge the theme of the night by the way?! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettygreeneyes99)
    Hmm guess its just one of those things, the amount probably varies from person to person, you may just be one of the unlucky one's!
    And is discharge the theme of the night by the way?! Lol
    LOL

wow cant believe we are all 19. Makes me happier now knowing im not the only one. i didnt feel comfortable talking about this with my friends lol.

I get it too, but I don't think in the same amounts you do.

It's normal, but a bit icky.

As long as you know you're healthy then it's all good.

I'm 18, and I have it too! It's so uncomfortable especially when it's a hot day. With me it changes through the month -amount wise. There is most just before my period and least just after. I've read that sometimes increased discharge can be because of taking the pill. Anyone else heard that?

ReputationRep:
    So yeah im only 19 but for the last 2 years i've had to use pantyliners every single day because i get so much discharge. It doesnt smell or anything, it just makes my pants wet so its not very nice. I dont have anything wrong, ive been tested for all sti's and everything, ive had thrush before but even when i dont i still get discharge. Any other girls out there like me, or am i suffering alone?

resubmitting this as it didnt appear last time
    Don't worry OP, I get it too. I've had discharge basically everyday since I started my periods, which was when I was 15, and now I'm nearly 19. Some days are worse then others. Its perfectly normal, don't worry. Some girls are lucky and don't really get it. It varies form person to person.

I'm 18, and I have it too! It's so uncomfortable especially when it's a hot day. With me it changes through the month -amount wise. There is most just before my period and least just after. I've read that sometimes increased discharge can be because of taking the pill. Anyone else heard that?
    I've always had some discharge, similar to you in that in changes in amount throughout my cycle, but I've definitely noticed a marked increase since I started the pill. And after sex it's often really thick and darker in colour...should I be worried or is this just normal?

hmm, you should probably see a doctor, because it could be an infection.

I hate discharge! With a passion.

ReputationRep:
    Ive had really heavy discharge from the age of 10 from when I started my periods at that age. I am now age 19. Its always been heavy enough to be noticible. It doesnt worry me because ive always been like that and ive been checked for STis since becoming sexually active and everything has come up negitive. Heavy discharge is only a problem if its not usual for you. If it becomes really heavy when its not like that normally and is discoloured or smells differently it is advisable to go to a doctor to get checked for infections.

heavy discharge even when it's normal is still a problem! It's uncomfortable and annoying, and inconvenient, and feels horrible when there's so much!

I began getting heavy discharge when I started my periods at 11, but since going on the pill it's actually become a lot less. It'd possibly depend what pill you're on, I use Mercilon.

i've had it too everyday since i was 11 (18 now) glad that it's not a thing to worry about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.