The Student Room Group

Sixth form application help

I am about to fill in my application form for Sixth Form, and would like some advice on what people put as their personal qualities/interests.

Do these have to be related to the subjects you want to pick?
I'm a little concerned because all of my hobbies are unrelated, and I haven't done any extracurricular activities since year 6 :s-smilie: I don't know what to say to make me seem like a well-rounded person.

Thanks!
Original post by misstiah_h
I am about to fill in my application form for Sixth Form, and would like some advice on what people put as their personal qualities/interests.

Do these have to be related to the subjects you want to pick?
I'm a little concerned because all of my hobbies are unrelated, and I haven't done any extracurricular activities since year 6 :s-smilie: I don't know what to say to make me seem like a well-rounded person.

Thanks!

Hiya,

At this stage it is beneficial but it doesn't matter too much whether they relate to your subjects. Try to show enthusiasm for the subjects that you wish to study and the skills that you've learned from the things that you have done - give them a picture of what you're like as a person. If you haven't done much surrounding your subject, you could mention something that you'd like to do and why or link the skills that you have developed to the subject and sixth form life (what have you learnt/developed and how will this be useful).

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending