The Student Room Group

Describe the best day of your life (so far)

I'm sensing a lot of morbid subjects on here tonight .

Let celebrate the happy times in life .

I'll go first : I think the best day of my life so far would be graduation . It was a culmination of all the hard work I had done for three years . The sense of achievement was immense .

What's yours ?

Scroll to see replies

No particular day stands out :s-smilie: what does thats say abot my life?

Sorry OP. I think I need someone to jolt my memory atm.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
It's a lot easier to pick the bad things out , right ?
Original post by Supernova91
It's a lot easier to pick the bad things out , right ?

:sadnod: sadly yes.
I don't have a particular day. I haven't really enjoyed big events like getting married, graduation, exam results, getting offered my job etc. I have found them stressful and have never felt that rush of emotion or sense of achievement. It never sinks in on the day.

My best day was probably one when I had no worries, was able to privately reflect on my achievements and also spend some time with people I liked. I would have felt that life is good but no particular rush of emotion. A non-eventful day really which is why I can't recall it.
Reply 5
Walking my mum down the aisle with my grandpa at her wedding this year. It meant a lot to me as me and my m didn't have a strong relationship while I was growing up as she was mentally unstable and not in a good place when she had me so I was raised by my grandparents and now me and my mum are close and are finally like mother and daughter. Also meant a lot to walk down the aisle with my papa too since he is pretty much my dad, I don't just see him as my grandpa and he's not very well atm and is on the transplant list so any moment with him is special and one as grand as giving my my mum away with him was a lovely moment :love:

My gran and papa are giving me away next year with my mum walking behind us so it'll be a family affair as I walk down the aisle :laugh: :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Graduating, seeing 3 years of throwing my social life away and working hard to get the classification I wanted.

I miss my uni friends though.
Two, both from sporting achievements. The first is the best I feel, but the second is close.

First when when I was a skater during my teens. For those unaware, grinding/sliding your first handrail is a major milestone, obviously a big deal. I'd been trying this one rail for months, not every day as it was in town but about once a week I'd spend about half an hour trying to boardslide it over and over and couldn't nail it. Then one day I was out with a big group and was trying it again, but this time I was getting closer and closer to landing it with each attempt and I was the first person in my group of skater mates to even be attempting it and as I said it was a big deal, so the closer and closer I got to landing it everyone was just going ****ing nuts, ringing people that weren't there and getting them to come down or they'd miss it. Then I landed it and I still remember this wave of ecstasy just washed through my body, and all my mates rushed me like YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!! :rofl: The feeling was indescribable. Never felt so elated. Just the feeling of it was awesome and after I'd landed it once it was like I got over a block, because I went and did it again and landed it like 10 times in a row after that and I just couldn't believe I was doing it. Then we walked home and I just felt pure happiness for the rest of the night. Then woke up the next day just like "Wow, I still can't believe it...".

Another time was a similar feeling, though I was on my own so the atmosphere wasn't nearly as good, was when I made my first century break playing snooker, during solo practice. I remember I was doing some break-building practice and trying to set a PR, my best break was 76 beforehand. Once I beat that I felt relieved but at the same time nervous, because the table was still looking pretty good for a century though there were a couple of slightly tricky shots. Every ball I potted I made sure I counted the score right and was getting more and more nervous with every shot the closer I got to the 100! Then I potted a red and was on a break of 94, got a little too close to the cushion for my liking and made the black a little tricky which was my last shot to get the century, and as I got down to the shot I literally gulped :lol: I made the shot and I just remember dropping my cue on the floor and putting my face in my hands. If I weren't so overcome with happiness I'd have felt a bit of a tit when I all of a sudden became aware that the barman was watching me :rofl: but he was like "You alright mate?" so I told him I just made my first century and he gave me a free pint :biggrin: Then I didn't give a crap what happened and relaxed a lot more, and ended up clearing the rest of the table for a break of 132 :smile:

Plenty of description there :toofunny:
(edited 7 years ago)
Day I met LDR ex-bf for first time... if I could go back I would.
Wedding, Graduation, Engagement and when I went home last year. Only cried at the last one though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No particular stand out day so far, but I'd say generally the years from 12-16 were pretty awesome. There was half a year in there where it was pretty dark, but overall it was a great time. I had no worries, emotions under control, no responsibility etc.
Original post by ckfeister
Day I met LDR ex-bf for first time... if I could go back I would.

Aw :sad: There are plenty of others out there

Original post by donutaud15
Wedding, Graduation, Engagement and when I went home last year. Only cried at the last one though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind me asking, why did that make you cry?
My birthday a few weeks ago. Can't talk about it because we don't talk about naughty substances here!

Spoiler

Interesting how people have put graduations, weddings, etc.

-cheesy alert-

For me the best days were those I'd just spent time with people I really loved and cared about, after a day someone made me think differently, challenged myself in ways I hadn't before, seen someone in a completely different light, held onto a major secret someone had just told me.

This seems weird, but it seems the relatively uneventful but satisfying days were the best ones.
09th of September
The day I was born

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reshyna
17th June 2015

Spoiler

What makes this day so special if you dont mind me asking?

Spoiler

I'll PM it to u. Only @Baniazz and @RizK knows it. So I'll let u know to.

Spoiler

Original post by Reshyna
17th June 2015

Spoiler

So specific :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88

ok what was yours?
Can't name a best day just based on the events of that one day. :tongue:
I'd have to say the day I started training MMA. Not because that particular day was good, but because of how everything that followed has completely changed my life, introduced me to so many fantastic people, and drastically improved me as a person over the years.
Still remember that first day, one of the coaches (that sadly no longer trains with us) teaching me how to do an armbar, and I recall just realising that I'd found something amazing for me :lol: had no idea at the time what would follow but damn, I'm grateful for that day :lol:
Original post by Reshyna
ok what was yours?

The day I was born because I was innocent and didn't know anything about the world around me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest