Should I get Super Mario Galaxy? New games? New console? Opinions.. Watch

Tizzytizzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to treat myself to a game this Christmas.

Long story short: Is it worth it to buy Super Mario Galaxy 1 when I already have number 2? I hear number two is basically the same as number 1 if not even better, so is there any point in me buying number one?
------------------------------
I REALLY want a Mario platform/adventure game to play (like Galaxy) (on wii) but it seems that there isn't actually alot...

What other (doesn't have to be Mario franchise) Wii games are there to play?
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tizzytizzie)
I want to treat myself to a game this Christmas.

Long story short: Is it worth it to buy Super Mario Galaxy 1 when I already have number 2? I hear number two is basically the same as number 1 if not even better, so is there any point in me buying number one?
------------------------------
I REALLY want a Mario platform/adventure game to play (like Galaxy) (on wii) but it seems that there isn't actually alot...

What other (doesn't have to be Mario franchise) Wii games are there to play?
Moved into the gaming section.
username2834970
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. They're pretty similar, apart from the fact that Yoshi will not be in Galaxy 1, and several power-ups will not be there. Several improvements are also missing, but I do have nostalgia for the first one. I'd suggest watching a gameplay video on YouTube to decide if it's too similar for you (just one episode - you don't want spoilers!).

If you desperately need Mario, there's one confirmed for the new Nintendo Switch. New console means a lot of money though, but the Wii is very outdated now.

Ahem, here are the Wii games I consider worth your money:
Wii Sports (I think it comes with the console though)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - It's different to Mario in that you explore dungeons, and it features more combat. It's amazing though, Zelda is great.
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Though it is a sequel to a GameCube game, so maybe not?
Super Mario Galaxy - If you wanna buy it, I guess... it's worth buying a game with a whole new thing going on instead of more of the same.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Better with friends. Online is off now I think.
Mario Kart Wii
Punch-Out!!
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Adorable game! <3
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xenoblade Chronicles - Best game ever imho. Will last you hours and worth your money.
Tizzytizzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Athena64)
No. They're pretty similar, apart from the fact that Yoshi will not be in Galaxy 1, and several power-ups will not be there. Several improvements are also missing, but I do have nostalgia for the first one. I'd suggest watching a gameplay video on YouTube to decide if it's too similar for you (just one episode - you don't want spoilers!).

If you desperately need Mario, there's one confirmed for the new Nintendo Switch. New console means a lot of money though, but the Wii is very outdated now.

Ahem, here are the Wii games I consider worth your money:
Wii Sports (I think it comes with the console though)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - It's different to Mario in that you explore dungeons, and it features more combat. It's amazing though, Zelda is great.
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Though it is a sequel to a GameCube game, so maybe not?
Super Mario Galaxy - If you wanna buy it, I guess... it's worth buying a game with a whole new thing going on instead of more of the same.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Better with friends. Online is off now I think.
Mario Kart Wii
Punch-Out!!
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Adorable game! <3
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xenoblade Chronicles - Best game ever imho. Will last you hours and worth your money.
Arhh dammit, I just brought the game off Amazon yesterday and it's dispatched now... :/ (I might see if i can return it)

But thank you anyway.

Out of all of those which would you say is your top pick?
username2834970
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tizzytizzie)
Arhh dammit, I just brought the game off Amazon yesterday and it's dispatched now... :/ (I might see if i can return it)

But thank you anyway.

Out of all of those which would you say is your top pick?
I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles, but it's a difficult game, and might not be good if you've just started gaming or son't have much experience. It's also super long. Like super.

So, Twilight Princess would be my pick. But maybe Kirby's Epic Yarn if you want a simple platformer that's adorable, here's a screenshot of gameplay:

Donkey Kong Country Returns is good too. Idk! Twilight Princess! It'll be a new experience.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wii sports resort is really really good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (45)