The Student Room Group

CfE Higher Mathematics 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabin2000
Will I get 5/5 though? Because literally my page was filled with working but I got angle QPS as 45.57 because it's very annoying how you'd have to lose a mark because of the irrational rounding at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my unit assessment I barely even rounded my answer and got 5/5

I'm not entirely sure if you would lose a mark, sorry.
Original post by Ethan100
I'm not entirely sure if you would lose a mark, sorry.

That's fine. Hey, do you know exactly when the SQA will upload the marking scheme for this years paper? I entirely forgot, but last year they uploaded it earlier hitherto our exam results.
That's fine. Hey, do you know exactly when the SQA will upload the marking scheme for this years paper? I entirely forgot, but last year they uploaded it earlier hitherto our exam results.

I remember last year that some were uploaded in the summer so could be the same this year too
Original post by yeolk
wouldnt that be 1

Yeah I'm in idiot, sorry hahah

They really vary each year, earliest if you are LUCKY would be summer but expect around August/after results are given out. :smile: Hope this helped
Will I get 5/5 though? Because literally my page was filled with working but I got angle QPS as 45.57 because it's very annoying how you'd have to lose a mark because of the irrational rounding at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my unit assessment I barely even rounded my answer and got 5/5

if the angle was 45.57.....

and you rounded it to 45.57 (2dp) stating the degree of accuracy you rounded it too, you will be fine. If you did not express your final answer in correct form, you will lose the final mark :frown:
Original post by Sahand675
if the angle was 45.57.....

and you rounded it to 45.57 (2dp) stating the degree of accuracy you rounded it too, you will be fine. If you did not express your final answer in correct form, you will lose the final mark :frown:

I left my answer as 45.57
what does everyone think the A mark will be this year? I found the second paper challenging so I am hoping it will be lowered slightly so I can still achieve an A, what does everyone else think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So the B mark was 81/130, 62% last year, does everyone believe it will be down to 78/130, 60% or even less this year?????
Better late than never - here are my typed up Q&A for this year's exam. Mainly intended as a teaching resource, they have spaces for students' working/answers.

Have a good summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending