Turn on thread page Beta

What time does everyone go to sleep? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know what time everyone usually goes to sleep?
    Recently my sleeping pattern hasn't been very good. I've been going to sleep late and waking up late aswell. I seem to have got into this habit within only a few weeks and now i'm finding it difficult to break this sleeping habit. What's a good time to go to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is an ideal time to go to sleep. I've gotten into that habit as well - I find I'm missing breakfast everyday. It's more about how long you sleep for. I've read 8 hours is the ideal time you should be asleep for. I'll try to find a link.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have this problem, but I started going to bed earlyish and setting my alarm for 8 every day. Now I just wake up at that time automatically.
    It's getting quite annoying now though because I can't sleep in past 9.00.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it really difficult to get out the habit and even when I do try and go to bed earlier than usual I find I have difficulties sleeping and still don't wake up until noon. 8 hours is the recommended but I seem to go over that.

ReputationRep:
    Set an alarm to get up at a certain time in the morning and eventually you will just wake up at that time without the alarm. There is no ideal time to go to sleep as this depends on the person but if you try to keep it about the same time every night that should help regulate your sleeping pattern.

ReputationRep:
    I go to sleep any time between 2 and 5am, and get up at 9:30.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    I used to have this problem, but I started going to bed earlyish and setting my alarm for 8 every day. Now I just wake up at that time automatically.
    I would love to have that problem

(Original post by ElectricOceans)
    I'm finding it really difficult to get out the habit and even when I do try and go to bed earlier than usual I find I have difficulties sleeping and still don't wake up until noon. 8 hours is the recommended but I seem to go over that.
    Exactly the same as me - and I'd wager it's quite common for students in the holidays. In the past 4/5 weeks, I've consistently going to be around 2/3 and waking up at noon. Set your alarm clock for 8 am - and no matter how difficult it is, just try to get up. Do that for a couple of days, and you should find yourself with a more 'normal' sleeping pattern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    My sleep pattern varies though. Very rarely but sometimes I find myself waking up really early even though I have got to sleep late. I much prefer to get up early than late otherwise its just a waste of a day.

ReputationRep:
    I go to sleep any time between 11pm and 2am.
    And usually have to wake up between 6am-8am.
    & I find it pretty tough to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I go to sleep any time between 2 and 5am, and get up at 9:30.
    I wish I could do that. I can do it sometimes though but rarely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    Exactly the same as me - and I'd wager it's quite common for students in the holidays. In the past 4/5 weeks, I've consistently going to be around 2/3 and waking up at noon. Set your alarm clock for 8 am - and no matter how difficult it is, just try to get up. Do that for a couple of days, and you should find yourself with a more 'normal' sleeping pattern.
    I think now is the time to try and get into a better sleeping pattern though as im back to school soon and now that i've already got into an unusual sleeping pattern its hard to get back into a normal one. It takes longer than I thought. I've tried setting my alarm for 8 am and even then I can't wake up. I sleep through it.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried setting my alarm for 8 am and even then I can't wake up. I sleep through it.
    Get a louder one.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could do that. I can do it sometimes though but rarely.

Outside of my bedroom window, they're building a new block of flats. The builders start at 7am, 7 days a week.
    It's them that wake me up each day, but for some reason, not until 9:30.
    They didn't work on the bank holiday though, and I still woke at 9:30 so that must be a habit now.

So yeah...it's not like I'm not lazy, given the choice.

ReputationRep:
    These days it's noon. Fecking summer holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    Get a louder one.
    I usually get woken up by the alarm eventually, but I stop the alarm and then promise myself to get up within the next 5 minutes but end up falling asleep again.

ReputationRep:
    I usually get woken up by the alarm eventually, but I stop the alarm and then promise myself to get up within the next 5 minutes but end up falling asleep again.
    Well I don't know what to tell you, except that........you're human :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I go to bed between 11pm and 1am - it used to be a lot later but I've been doing more during the day so I've been more tired. Plus having a room downstairs means Im up earlier due to having a 5 year old brother who doesnt know the meaning of a long lie in

ReputationRep:
    Put the clock at the far end of the room, so that you have to get out of bed and walk to it. Then don't let yourself get back into bed.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a good idea that. I've got to force myself to get out of bed then and hopefully I won't go back to bed and sleep for another few hours.

ReputationRep:
    Lately I have been going to bed at about 4am and sleeping until 2pm. but I hate it.

I need 10 hours sleep usually.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.