The Student Room Group

I'm in my final year and have lost all motivation

As above, I've lost my drive completely. This time last year i was so fired up it was unbelievable. Now i struggle to sleep at night and get up in the morning. After getting kicked out of uni a few years back, i practically begged student finance for money.
I've applied to grad jobs but not had luck so far. The depression is slowly weighing me down and i'm also terrified that I'll die alone as I've not found a girlfriend yet. I only seem to attract young teenage girls.

I do not understand why i'm so unmotivated and finding it hard to write essays or turn up to class. It takes me weeks to write an essay that could be done in days. I can't mess it all up now cos i will be poor, alone and unsuccessful later on. I really hate everything in life right now. I'm also jealous of people on Facebook who are getting engaged, married, having babies and buying homes.
Original post by Anonymous
As above, I've lost my drive completely. This time last year i was so fired up it was unbelievable. Now i struggle to sleep at night and get up in the morning. After getting kicked out of uni a few years back, i practically begged student finance for money.
I've applied to grad jobs but not had luck so far. The depression is slowly weighing me down and i'm also terrified that I'll die alone as I've not found a girlfriend yet. I only seem to attract young teenage girls.

I do not understand why i'm so unmotivated and finding it hard to write essays or turn up to class. It takes me weeks to write an essay that could be done in days. I can't mess it all up now cos i will be poor, alone and unsuccessful later on. I really hate everything in life right now. I'm also jealous of people on Facebook who are getting engaged, married, having babies and buying homes.

I think I would put the job hunting on hold and focus on study - doing both can be exhausting. There's only a few more months to go so have a few days off and then get down to work.

It's not unusual to feel like this - do you have a friend you could study with?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
I think I would put the job hunting on hold and focus on study - doing both can be exhausting. There's only a few more months to go so have a few days off and then get down to work.

It's not unusual to feel like this - do you have a friend you could study with?

I have a few yes, but i find that i can study quicker and cover much more when i work alone. Plus my friend is away and not back yet.

As for the job situation. grad schemes are competitive and they close early so I don't wanna wait until i graduate before i start applying.
Original post by Anonymous

Get your studies out the way. This is the most important thing.

How old are you and what is your degree?

As for women, they can be put on hold and you are very young and have a lot of time to find someone you like.

Remember, you've come this far and now get your degree, make yourself and your parents proud, you've come all this way.
Reply 4
Original post by Analyst89
Get your studies out the way. This is the most important thing.

How old are you and what is your degree?

As for women, they can be put on hold and you are very young and have a lot of time to find someone you like.

Remember, you've come this far and now get your degree, make yourself and your parents proud, you've come all this way.

I am 25 and will be 26 when i graduate. It is incredibly depressing to know that I will not realize any of my dreams or accomplish anything worthwhile. All the people my age are far ahead of me. My degree is in Economics.
You have to understand people go to university at different ages and start their careers at different ages.

My cousins started careers at 25 and 26.

Relax, 26 is very young and you have nothing to worry about.

Just get your Economics degree, this is a great achievement.

Apply for those graduate schemes. Apply for jobs in Finance, Management on Reed, Indeed, Monster etc.

Just keep going, some people get a job after they graduate, some people 3 months, some people 6-8 months.

Just never give up and their are ways to get in (volunteer work, networking, masters, etc).
Social media is all fake.

You do not know what is happening behind closed doors.

I know someone who posted beautiful pictures of herself on facebook but when we messaged each other it was then I was able to know what she was really going through.

Social media is for showing off so do not be fooled and become a victim.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending