Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering, how are predicted grades given by teachers? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    either based on your mock results or previous exams taken maybe your AS!

ReputationRep:
    begging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnie.grant)
    begging?
    Kinky:rolleyes: ...

ReputationRep:
    Surely a better title to the thread should be "How are predicted grades given"?

Sorry to be anal :s

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Agreed:p:

ReputationRep:
    Changed by request

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holski)
    If you mean your AS predicitons, then they are given going off your GCSE grades, well at least mine were. A teacher just typed them all into her computer, clicked a few buttons and said all my predicited grades were A's :eek: .

But if you mean your A2 predictions, then probably off your AS grades, and how well you've worked throughout the year.

Why are you suprised you were predicted all A's?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sexual favours and by generally pestering them to raise them. I managed to get AAA predictions just by making an Oxford application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Sexual favours and by generally pestering them to raise them. I managed to get AAA predictions just by making an Oxford application.
    Care to ellaborate?

ReputationRep:
    Based on AS results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSHowarth)
    Care to ellaborate?

lol this thread is making me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSHowarth)
    Care to ellaborate?
    Use yer imagination mate :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grades are based upon a number of things. For example, your teacher should take into account your GCSE points score, your class-based test scores, and how hard you work in class into account. However, some teachers base their predicted grades upon how much they like you - silly I know:rolleyes::p:

ReputationRep:
    My teachers asked me what I wanted mine to be

ReputationRep:
    I said mine will be ABB and i got told stop be silly, its AAA. My teachers seem to use in order AS+how you have worked through the year+your past attidude+your present attitude+(how much they like you i bet... lol:p:) and most i know think relying on GCSE's is stupid and unproven. I agree, i know plenty who have amazing GCSE's and end up being mediocre in A levels and visa versa. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Changed by request
    Aww, I thought it was cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    :p: Lucky you! I have the pleasure of entirely new teachers for English this year, and the notoriously strict hag included in those, so if I'm going to get my predicted grades as AAA, I'm going to have to try and prove to the old bint I'm a genius:p: Joy!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not entirely sure, but I think that your predicted grades for AS tend to be based on your performance in GCSEs - however, I don't think this is necessarily a very fair or accurate indication, as you're bound to be studying things that interest you and most likely subjects that you're good at... or, in some cases, you might have chosen options you've never studied before.
    So I really wouldn't worry about predicted grades; I'm not going to say that they're meaningless, but it's really about an individual and the amount of work/effort they put in, and not about what's deemed to be the threshold of their ability from previous examinations.
    For example, I'd be a bit annoyed if my C in Maths lowered my overall predictions for subjects such as English and History - it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, as they're not even in the slightest way related!
    Ideally, they'll give us our predicted grades after we've produced some of our first pieces of work for our chosen subjects, but even if this isn't so... as long as we set ourselves our own personal, realistic targets there's no need to fret about the expectations of others.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    You asked for AAAA? :angel:

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.