shire
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hello,

I just got an offered a place at glasgow due for software engineering or electronical and software engineering to clearances.

I just finished 5th year getting BBBC in Computing, Tech studies, physics & computing respectively. All higher. I am doing AH computing and AH maths (trying for appeal) at school. I was doing H mechatronics at college, but they canceled it, so I am considering leaving as 2 subjects seems a bit pointless.

My options seem to be, stay at school, go to glasgow now or do a college course. The obvious option seems to be go to uni, but it's all a bit rushed so I'm not too sure tbh.

Has any studied either of the previously mentioned courses at glasgow?

Thanks for the help.
Mush
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm. Well I was in a similar position this time last year and I opted for a Gap Year.

Biggest regret of my life. Basically, you're going to end up at uni whether you go now, or go after a year of school or college courses. In my experience of not going straight from A to B, I recommend it! Cut out the middle man. You'll not regret it!

It means you finish your degree and start a career a year earlier than you would have previously, and it also means you don't waste a year ****ing about, which is what a lot of people do with 6th year/college when they already have an unconditional waiting for them, and they KNOW they don't have to try.

I was worried about being younger than everyone else, but it's not an issue at all. Since then I've made great friends with people up to 10 years older than me, and we get along great!.. you wont be a social reject!
Mush
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh and don't worry about the "rush". The uni and all associated student companies(like SAAS, etc) are really laid back, they know that's students are often a disorientated bunch, so they don't have much problems bending the rules and the deadlines for you.

It would be worth the rush, I reckon!
shire
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Cheers for the replys

I've decided that I will be going. I know you all probably hear this all the time, but I am 17 and will be living home. Has anyone else had the same experiance?
Mush
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shire)
Cheers for the replys

I've decided that I will be going. I know you all probably hear this all the time, but I am 17 and will be living home. Has anyone else had the same experiance?
I'll be 17 when I start too. And also living at home.

I woulda been 16 if i started last year! Think yerself lucky haha.

But yeah I'll be doing the same. I'm 18 in November though, so not too long a wait.

I think there'll be a lot of people in the same situation. Majority of students DON'T move into halls. There are 4000-5000 students in first year and obviously there's isn't enough room in halls for all that =].
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed