Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically my friends are planning a day out (why are we planning? No idea) and they've said that the Pizza at Papa Johns is supposed to be excellent. EVEN better than Pizza Hut. Anyone been there? is it recommended and if so, what pizza would you suggest. (btw, i'm a veggie)

Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    I've only had it once. From what I remember it was good but nothing special, and a bit overpriced. Easily better than Pizza Hut, which is crap. And as for what to have, it's pretty much identical to all pizza places so go for cheese and tomato or the veggie one.

ReputationRep:
    Papa Johns is the best pizza delivery chain. I loved it in the States and am very happy to discover that my new flat is within the delivery area

ReputationRep:
    I got a takeaway pizza from their branch in Edinburgh at the weekend. It was quite well priced, I thought - but I certainly didn't think it was anything special. It tasted a bit dull.

ReputationRep:
    Afaik, its not the 'real' papa johns in the UK so I've not tried it.

Was great in dallas though

ReputationRep:
    oh it's love...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Isn't it owned by the same people as dominoes over here though? They have similar websites anyway! lol!

ReputationRep:
    I love Papa Johns. They have the best pizza, ever.

All The Meats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    I love Papa Johns. They have the best pizza, ever.
    totally agree!

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate works there, so we tend to get a fair bit free. It's alright, nothing stunning - I don't generally like takeaway pizzas though, I'd rather wait to head to an Italian restaurant.

Works in a branch in Edinburgh, incidentally

ReputationRep:
    overpriced for what they are, although once got 2 16" cheese (safe to reheat for days as it's just me eating it) pizzas on BOGOF £12 so it wasn't too bad then, still don't think I'll be able to pull off that stunt again abusing 2 offers.

ReputationRep:
    If you order the large, you can make it 30% bigger for £1... which makes it very big. Have the VegiRoma (or whatever it's called) herb and garlic with general veggie toppings.

And of course it's better than Pizza Hut, eating out of your neighbour's rubbish bin is more pleasant than eating at Pizza Hut.

ReputationRep:
    My sister and her friends used to be obssessed with Papa Johns. I hated them personally, much prefer Dominoes. The All The Meats from PJs tended to smell like feet, which was never a great sign...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.