ESS/Chem/Bio HL/SL + Billingual

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm currently selecting subjects and I submitted mine last week -- they were:
    1. English A HL
    2. Spanish Ab Initio
    3. Economics HL
    4. Chemistry HL
    5. Math HL
    6. Music SL

I was (and still am) apprehensive about doing Music since I'm doing it for my IGCSEs and its one of my more uncomfortable subjects. However, I was informed by my coordinator that my school is unable to provide Chemistry for Group 4 due to lack of numbers (everyone's doing it for Group 6). Therefore I am left with a few options
    - Choosing Bio SL and Music SL
    - Choosing ESS SL and Music SL
    - Choosing Physics SL and Music SL
    - Choosing ESS SL and Chem HL
    - Choosing Bio SL and Chem HL

I'm doing 4 HLs to see which one suits me best since I'm still undecided between English Lit HL and Chem HL and then I'll drop one. Personally, I don't really enjoy Biology or Physics that much. My grades aren't terrible at IGCSEs but personally they're not subjects I like studying or revising for. Chemistry is my favourite science and I really want to do it. Some people have suggested choosing ESS SL and Chem HL but I've read that ESS is a soft subject. If I do decide to choose ESS, will it affect my university applications? Also, in the future if I drop Chem HL (then my two options are ESS SL and Chem SL), would it be considered "not challenging myself", thereby affecting my uni applications?
    I'm from Vietnam and some of my teachers have suggested doing the billingual diploma. Is it extra workload? Are there major benefits of doing the billingual diploma?

Thank you!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 28, 2016
TSR Support Team
Today on TSR
Poll
Rain vs Snow (Which do you prefer?)
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.