Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys

Just wondering where would be the best place to study a subject like the one listed above, i know you can do it at Newcastle. Anyone got a league table or know which are the best uni's to do a course like this, a respected degree at a respectable uni means alot to me

Cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    i heard that Northumbria @ Newcastle do one of the best accounting degrees. however the guardian league table suggests otherwise, but ive heard it said that northumbria for financial degrees is really good from a number of different people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fordie)
    i heard that Northumbria @ Newcastle do one of the best accounting degrees. however the guardian league table suggests otherwise, but ive heard it said that northumbria for financial degrees is really good from a number of different people
    I wouldnt pay any attention to this. Northumbria is not respected as an institution

1 Oxford
    2 London School of Economics
    3 Cambridge
    4 Bath
    5 Warwick
    6 Aston
    =6 Nottingham
    8 Lancaster
    9 Manchester
    10 King's College London
    11 Imperial College
    12 Edinburgh
    13 City
    14 Leeds
    15 St Andrews
    16 Loughborough
    17 Cardiff
    18 Strathclyde
    19 Exeter
    20 Southampton

Thats top 20 for business studies according to the 2008 times university guide. However please dont take this as gospel just use it as a starting point.

ReputationRep:
    From the top of my head where I know people are going off to do that exact subject, my immediate reaction would be to say LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah LSE has dominance, although some may say Lancaster and Newcastle because they do degree's in partnership with some of the Big4.

By the way Oxbridge doesn't do business or accounting at undergraduate, not sure at postgrad though.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial College does Accounting and Finance :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon123)
    I wouldnt pay any attention to this. Northumbria is not respected as an institution

1 Oxford
    2 London School of Economics
    3 Cambridge
    4 Bath
    5 Warwick
    6 Aston
    =6 Nottingham
    8 Lancaster
    9 Manchester
    10 King's College London
    11 Imperial College
    12 Edinburgh
    13 City
    14 Leeds
    15 St Andrews
    16 Loughborough
    17 Cardiff
    18 Strathclyde
    19 Exeter
    20 Southampton

Thats top 20 for business studies according to the 2008 times university guide. However please dont take this as gospel just use it as a starting point.
    So in that case i'd be in a disadvantage say if i did the course in Newcastle and got the same grade as i did in Nottingham?

Cheers for the replys

ReputationRep:
    A univ in tacit sense being LSE definitely as a second-2-non choice, and, catching-ups like IC, warwick, manc, city, reading and lancaster are renowned for their finance or accounting courses, although the latter 3 might not be prestigous enough in overall. IC and warwick both lead the front of mathematical finance. Excellence is especially said to warwick's finance courses, for their BSc and MSc degree in finance have just won accreditation to CFA, which is the first business school in the world to have this privilege.(http://www.wbs.ac.uk/news/releases/2...er/Evidence/of) And, in manc, there was a long tradition in teaching accounting and finance. MBS combines strenth of synergy from two departments in two former respectable universities.

I excluded the finance courses in OX and CAM, coz I am not sure whether their programmes are really that good in non-bias sense, or just because they are offered by two great names, so taken-grantedly they should be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrp)
    Imperial College does Accounting and Finance :eek3:
    :eek: No way! Where did you get that from? i looked on the website and there's nothing!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2007

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.