Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been thinking of this question and I wondered which sport it is in terms of the work you hve to put in? I was thinking boxing but I am not so sure?

ReputationRep:
    Australian Rules. Apparently they run 6-8km per game as well have physical contests.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Well... I would think rugby is pretty high up there...

And I wouldn't say boxing, it might be tough, but there's tougher when it comes to fighting sports.

ReputationRep:
    Rowing is by far the most physical demanding sport i've took part in.

ReputationRep:
    Being him.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    oh my :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Being him.
    geez you're coming up with the goods today :p:

ReputationRep:
    Probably either American football or wrestling.

ReputationRep:
    American Football? They just run into each other whilst heavily padded.

ReputationRep:
    American football is not physically tough, theres a lot of stoppages for you to get your breath back, Squash and Badminton take a lot out of you, as its non stop running, and Rowing, thats tough.

ReputationRep:
    Squash and badminton aren’t hard, it’s just fairly high intensity endurance and skill. Frankly I find 90 minutes of football tougher than racquet sports. For the most physical sport, non-contact sports don’t compare. American football is certainly one of the hardest hitting sports. They need pads because they would do severe damage to themselves and each other if they didn’t wear them. For most physical, I would say American football, MMA, then Rugby or wrestling*. Some of the Rugby players preparing for the WC look almost as strong as an NFL lineman, although I doubt they would be as quick. Ice hockey might make the top 5 but I found Rugby a lot harder than hockey.

I’ve never tried wrestling.

ReputationRep:
    Aussis rules players do the same thing, only without pads though.

ReputationRep:
    Do they? How heavy is an average Aussie rules lineman, and what is his 40 yard dash time?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I don't think Rugby and American football can be compared against each other in terms of most physical.

The fitness and strength that comes with rugby is amazing and at international level you have to be at your best to get anywhere.

If American football was to loose the padding and helmets (don't see why not?) and have one team that played the whole game (no defensive/offensive line changes) whilst having less stopages, then it could be better compared with rugby in terms of most physical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Do they? How heavy is an average Aussie rules lineman, and what is his 40 yard dash time?
    Midfield tends to be 85-95kg
    Forwards up 90-105kg
    Backs vary between the two.
    Ruckmen tend to be roughly just over 100kg.

They're all quick, with just enough strength to not compromise the speed. Therefore the impacts are just as high, only they have no pads so they actually feel it and it'll take at least a few seconds for them to get up.

ReputationRep:
    Capoeira owns everything else high intensive edurance power impact and constant non stop movement.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by IguessIwin)
    Capoeira owns everything else high intensive edurance power impact and constant non stop movement.
    Since when was that a Sport though?... isn't it a martial art?

ReputationRep:
    dodgeball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    Since when was that a Sport though?... isn't it a martial art?
    which are sports hence their inclusion in the olympics

plus gymnastics is very physically demanding too but i remember a sports chart in secondary school which put swimming at the top twice as much energy as football

ReputationRep:
    Before anyone makes any spontaneous comments look this up...

F1 Racing.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.