The Student Room Group

What's wrong with me..

So, here's the thing..

I haven't been in a relationship for about 4 and a half/5 years now and never really had much luck with girls. It's not very often that I fall for someone, but seems when I do I fall quite hard, however, it always seems to end up the same way - me being strung along, or the girl never really feeling the same. I'm starting to think i'm just 'convenient' to them without there actually being any hope of something.

This situation is starting to make me think whether it really is just me. It's affecting my confidence (practically eliminated it), my everyday life and becoming exhausting!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Wouldn't say there's anything wrong with you at all. You just haven't met the right girl yet. If you're a nice person, with a decent personality, I'm sure you'll find someone.
Try not to let things knock your confidence, at least you didn't end up stuck in a relationship being strung along for any longer than you were
Reply 2
I think you're getting too attached before any form of connection has been formed. Maybe it comes across as being clingy and some girls don't really like that. You need to take things step by step, don't fall for them too much or you'll just find yourself hurt if they don't like you.
Reply 3
Original post by Marknoon
So, here's the thing..

I haven't been in a relationship for about 4 and a half/5 years now and never really had much luck with girls. It's not very often that I fall for someone, but seems when I do I fall quite hard, however, it always seems to end up the same way - me being strung along, or the girl never really feeling the same. I'm starting to think i'm just 'convenient' to them without there actually being any hope of something.

This situation is starting to make me think whether it really is just me. It's affecting my confidence (practically eliminated it), my everyday life and becoming exhausting!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Relationships can be made any day. True love takes a while to find. Don't lose your confidence you just have to wait for the right person.
Hate to put it so bluntly- but don't get your hopes up. Be pessimistic. People won't outright say that they're not into you unless you ask- and you need lots of confidence to be that forward. I'd say that your best bet is to focus on improving aspects of yourself that you aren't happy with. You'll eventually start focusing on yourself instead of relationships- you might not even realise it at first. When this happens, people will get drawn to you and think "o damn he happy with himself and he ain't insecure yasss I need me a man like that", or you'll be confident enough to initiate a conversation with member of the opposite sex, which us females seem to enjoy.
Reply 5
I'm trying but it take's its toll! My mindset towards relationships is starting to change unwillingly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending