Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Alright boys and girls who play poker, im just starting this thread to check who got in bath and likes to play poker. i like it for the fun of it not the money eventhough without money the games looses the whole interest. so it would be easier if someone had chips that could take to uni or get like 10 of us to buy so it would be cheaper to everyone.

have ur say!

cheers, war

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warblade)
    Alright boys and girls who play poker, im just starting this thread to check who got in bath and likes to play poker. i like it for the fun of it not the money eventhough without money the games looses the whole interest. so it would be easier if someone had chips that could take to uni or get like 10 of us to buy so it would be cheaper to everyone.

have ur say!

cheers, war
    Yeah, I'm into poker. I don't often play for money though.

ReputationRep:
    what halls are u gonna be at then? i was thinking of playing like 5 or 10 quid and do like tournaments .. that will be funny and u wont lose that much money :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warblade)
    what halls are u gonna be at then? i was thinking of playing like 5 or 10 quid and do like tournaments .. that will be funny and u wont lose that much money :O
    Brendon Court here, you?

ReputationRep:
    eastwood b =| aint that far away so i think it should be alright.

have u got the chips? and how much do u usually play?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    I quite like to play poker, although I'm heading to Bath Spa University. Damn.

I call for an inter-university poker championship!

ReputationRep:
    not a bad idea hehe

where do u guys usually play online?

ReputationRep:
    I've never played online. Well, if you don't include Xbox Live, that is. But I don't think that counts :p:

I normally play with a group of friends.

ReputationRep:
    yea that sounds good mate i think we got 2 so far (me and you) so have u got poker chips or are we gonna buy them?

ReputationRep:
    I play poker too got a 500 chipset aswell, Im in Eastwood A - phase1 room E11.04... not too sure what it means though. But anyway yh, ill be bringing my set along for sure

ReputationRep:
    3 so far. mr biggs im pretty sure it must not be that far away block A and B. but thats what i think lol!
    how much do u usually play with friends?

ReputationRep:
    I played on Partypoker.com for a while. I'll play if you've got a chipset, and if MrBiggs is bringing his then we're all set, .

ReputationRep:
    Guess we are four already. yea i play on partypoker from time to time but online makes poker for me too boring

ReputationRep:
    Normally like £5 or £10 tournies.... u?

ReputationRep:
    I guess I could join in the fun too :P

ReputationRep:
    yea i use to play 5/10quid but not tournaments. even tho tournies are much more fun than being free to buy chips all the time cause that means that the rich ones will never loose!

ReputationRep:
    oh ... i've never played one of those b4, only tournie, so its kinda like a cash game then? we should try it

ReputationRep:
    well yea back in the day we used to be like 7 or 8 (up to 10 obv) and everyone chipped in 5quid and we gave everyone 5quid in chips, however in case i lost everything i could buy 2 quid again, and the last on the table or, at a certain time like 2 or 3 am or wtv, the game ends and we split the money to everyone that still has chips.
    but i prefer a tourney where u lose and thats it u cant buy more chips again however tournies use to take a long time to finish =|

ReputationRep:
    yea that is right didnt think about doubling the blinds, is just that i only play tournaments online and some blokes take the piss taking like 1 whole minute just to play before they get off =|

ReputationRep:
    It might sound a lot to some people to bet 5 or 10 quid on a poker game, but it such a good night in... think that if you went out you would spend £20 to £30 on drinks and clubs and stuff... but for much less you can have a good evening with your mates and have a laugh and some food, drink, music etc! You may even win!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2007
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.