The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century GCSE Science - C1 C2 C3 - 18th May 2017

B1B2B3 C1C2C3 P1P2P3 B4B5B6 C4C5C6 P4P5P6

Hi All
I thought it would be useful to have a thread in which we can all discuss the 2017 Science exams. We can help each other with areas of weaknesses, as well as discuss how we are feeling about the exam, etc.
Also, if you have any useful resources or predictions to share, please do as it will benefit others. If you need any resources, just ask and hopefully someone will be able to send them.
All the best with revision and the exams!

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is so dormant, lol. Is there another thread?
My area of weakness is really just comparing from two graphs...

goodluck on your biology exam!! :yep::yy:
Has anyone got any predictions for chemistry on Thursday?
Good luck for biology tomorrow!
Reply 3
Guys, if the question says "Draw a line of best fit", do you draw a straight line going through all the points or what?
Reply 4
My predictions for tomorrow:
B1: Genetic Testing
B2: Heart Attack
B3: Nitrogen Cycle
Reply 5
Original post by adam.00
My predictions for tomorrow:
B1: Genetic Testing
B2: Heart Attack
B3: Nitrogen Cycle

wrong post g
Original post by adam.00
Guys, if the question says "Draw a line of best fit", do you draw a straight line going through all the points or what?

Like in this paper on question 4
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/175561-question-paper-unit-a161-02-modules-b1-b2-b3-higher-tier.pdf

It says on the mark scheme draw a curve of best fit so basically join the point together in a curve.

However if the graph is already drawn and the points are not like in a curve then you draw the line of best fit. The line of best fit should be growing through the points and have equal number of points either side of the line. Just a line that goes through the middle of the points, sorry for the bad explanation am just stressed atm lol bye.
Original post by adam.00

Sketch (13).png
I've revised the whole lot but do you think there are any specific key areas are should revisit? Potential 6 markers ...?
I've revised the whole lot but do you think there are any specific key areas are should revisit? Potential 6 markers ...?
There aren't many topics to go into depth in C123, so any potential 6mq are on polymers, reducing pollution, salt deposition, chlorination. But mainly it would be focused on data comparison.
The areas that I think are most likely to come up are:
Reducing pollution and improving air quality.
The atmosphere.
Something about crude oil and polymers.
Nanotechnology.
Formation of rocks.
Salt and stuff about chlorination.
I'm so bad at chemistry wow I'm not ready at all.
chemistry is my best science, but science is not my forte at all. more worried about physics tho
Original post by TheMightyBadger
The areas that I think are most likely to come up are:
Reducing pollution and improving air quality.
The atmosphere.
Something about crude oil and polymers.
Nanotechnology.
Formation of rocks.
Salt and stuff about chlorination.

when you say formation of rocks isn't that more P123?
Original post by nish2910
when you say formation of rocks isn't that more P123?

Not so much. I'm thinking C3.1.
Original post by TheMightyBadger
Not so much. I'm thinking C3.1.

oh so the formation of limestone (or sedimentary rocks in general)? has it come up in the past? (sorry for so many qs!)
Reply 17
Original post by SweetCheeks18
I'm so bad at chemistry wow I'm not ready at all.

You have got this just get your head down and learn learn learn
Anyone got like the full list of predictions for c123 tomorrow? Like the one for biology
Good luck guys! :smile:

Original post by Jack061100
Anyone got like the full list of predictions for c123 tomorrow? Like the one for biology

As I've seen some people say before, C123 doesn't really go into much depth so I think it will be more general questions on data comparisons, polymers, salts and rocks.

Quick Reply

Latest