Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

B1B2B3 C1C2C3 P1P2P3 B4B5B6 C4C5C6 P4P5P6

Hi All
    I thought it would be useful to have a thread in which we can all discuss the 2017 Science exams. We can help each other with areas of weaknesses, as well as discuss how we are feeling about the exam, etc.
    Also, if you have any useful resources or predictions to share, please do as it will benefit others. If you need any resources, just ask and hopefully someone will be able to send them.
    All the best with revision and the exams!

Revision List of Topics:

B4
    Features of all living things (chemical reactions in cells - respiration, photosynthesis - and cell structure)
    Enzymes
    Ensymes in plants
    Passive Transport - Diffusion
    Passive Transport - Osmosis
    Active Transport
    Rate of Photosynthesis
    Environment and Adaptations (the effects of light on plant growth)
    Aerobic Respiration
    Anaerobic Respiration
    Fermentation, Bioethane and Biogas

B5
    How organisms develop - human animals and plants
    Phototropism
    Plant Clones
    DNA and Chromosomes (double-helix, etc)
    Mitosis
    Meiosis
    Protein Synthesis
    Switching Genes on and off
    Stem Cells

B6
    Behaviour (simple and complex)
    Reflexes (new-born reflexes, animals)
    Receptors
    The Nervous System
    Synapses
    Brain Structure (cerebral cortex)
    Instinctive/Learnt Behaviour
    Human Learning (neuron pathways being formed)
    Memory
    Effect of drugs on the nervous system (e.g. ecstasy, anti-depressants (prozac) and beta-blockers)

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophief2000)
    Any predictions yet??
    Stem cells will almost inevitably come up. Usually appearing in B123, OCR chose not to include them in this year's core biology paper so a question should appear for B5 in this year's additional biology paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandidateZero)
    Stem cells will almost inevitably come up. Usually appearing in B123, OCR chose not to include them in this year's core biology paper so a question should appear for B5 in this year's additional biology paper.
    Yes, I also agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely they will. But any ither potential 6 markers that might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moa.asim)
    Most likely they will. But any ither potential 6 markers that might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm praying phototropism doesn't come up😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophief2000)
    I'm praying phototropism doesn't come up😂
    Why? It is probably o e of the easiest 6 markers because you dont have to really talk about anythibg specific. Meiosis and mitosis are annoying because theres so much to talk about and I dont like writing essays 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why? It is probably o e of the easiest 6 markers because you dont have to really talk about anythibg specific. Meiosis and mitosis are annoying because theres so much to talk about and I dont like writing essays 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably will be phototropism which is nice bc not much to say - I think something about meiosis and meiosis came up last year so we might be lucky and not get it! If anyone has the paper please share what was on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello31)
    Probably will be phototropism which is nice bc not much to say - I think something about meiosis and meiosis came up last year so we might be lucky and not get it! If anyone has the paper please share what was on it!
    Ill post the questions when im able to find the paper from the stash of papers on my desk

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Think meiosis and mitosis is quite straight forward if you just learn the mark scheme and what points would you put about phototropism ?

ReputationRep:
    Ill post the questions when im able to find the paper from the stash of papers on my desk
    ahah thanks my room is practically flowing with papers. i think for b5 it could be a generic where and how are proteins made perhaps with a particular example. that has come up a few times and you can just learn the markscheme points.

ReputationRep:
    I have attached the 2016 paper
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf A162-02 QP Jun16.pdf (652.5 KB, 71 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmy_Girl)
    thank you so much! do you have the markscheme by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much! do you have the markscheme by any chance?
    I have attached the mark scheme as well. I have the 2016 papers for all modules, will upload them to their individual threads (linked in first post) when I get a chance to.
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdf A162-02_MS_June16.pdf (429.0 KB, 82 views)

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the 2016 C7, P7 and/or B7 papers by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the 2016 C7, P7 and/or B7 papers by any chance?
    Sorry, I do not have those. I am still trying to get hold of those, so if I do I will post them.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I do not have those. I am still trying to get hold of those, so if I do I will post them.
    Thank you, I appreciate it. I meant to ask my teacher (who has access to the Interchange) on Friday, but unfortunately forgot.

ReputationRep:
    TSR are probably going to message you for copyright now and if you get 4 of them you could be banned or something. These paper are password protected therefore by distributing them you are going against the copyright but who cares lol us GCSE students need all the help we can get.

Am just saying this because I was messaged yesterday since I asked for Mock set 2 in maths which "goes against the TSR rules"

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could you please make a list of topics for each module like you did for p456 please? That really helped with revision and planning 6 mark answers.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I appreciate it. I meant to ask my teacher (who has access to the Interchange) on Friday, but unfortunately forgot.
    B7 paper and markscheme attached.
    Attached Images
  3. File Type: pdf A163-02 QP Jun16.pdf (479.5 KB, 66 views)
  4. File Type: pdf A163-02_MS_June16.pdf (281.9 KB, 78 views)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 16, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.