Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i was just wondering whether its onli international students who require certain injections specified in the joining pack.

also wat hapens in our medical, r we just allocated a gp or do we have to hav injections?

im slightly scared of needlez

thanks xxx

(p.s. wats a medical card or sumink, i dnt fink i have one?)

ReputationRep:
    Dont want to freak any one out but i read that it is a really good idea to get a meningitas injection because apperently there is a higher risk of getting it at unni. no idea why. i have just to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heathernator)
    Dont want to freak any one out but i read that it is a really good idea to get a meningitas injection because apperently there is a higher risk of getting it at unni. no idea why. i have just to be on the safe side.
    I think its because we are in the 'at risk' age group for it. Living in a close knit enviroment with other 'at risk' people probably inclreases the likelyhood that you'll come into contact with someone or something that could put you at risk.
    I think I read somewhere that you can get the injection at uni, or maybe im imagining that. Ive still never had the meningitis injection, should really get it done....

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that there's a higher risk of getting TB at Uni and in big cities? Because I haven't been immunised against it.:s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinelem)
    Is it true that there's a higher risk of getting TB at Uni and in big cities? Because I haven't been immunised against it.:s:
    Indeed, or so ive heard anyway.

You might not need the injection though some people already have a certain amount of immunity to it. You have to have a little skin test a week in advance and if you react to it I think that means you dont need it. (Thats what happpened at school when we were all given it anyway)
    If you want to get it done though, id get it done asap as it takes a little while to heal, scabs up and makes your arm sore, especially if it gets knocked- which it most likely will do during moving in and freshers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bangbabe)
    hi, i was just wondering whether its onli international students who require certain injections specified in the joining pack.

im slightly scared of needlez

Depends ... do u have rabbies? then u bes get ova that needle phobia quick gal.

lol sorry wen i saw this topic i culdnt resist

ReputationRep:
    Are we all forgetting the dreaded 'Freshers flu' that goes around at the start of term? Luckily I was ok but a few of my housemates were really ill. I still maintain its because I eat dirty kebabs and things off the floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lankyboy2003)
    Are we all forgetting the dreaded 'Freshers flu' that goes around at the start of term? Luckily I was ok but a few of my housemates were really ill. I still maintain its because I eat dirty kebabs and things off the floor

Probably is :p:
    Boosts your imumme system exposing yourself to some filth every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    OH GOD I FORGOT ABOUT YOU EVIL FRESHERS BRINGING YOUR FLU I hope I don't get it for a 3rd year in a row!!! In my first year I never seemed to get rid of it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Try to get a flu jab like I'm trying to.

ReputationRep:
    lol It's not really the flu, just a succession of different colds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaisersalsek)
    lol It's not really the flu, just a succession of different colds!
    Oh.:>.<:

Well make sure that you're getting plenty of vitamin C then.;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinelem)
    Oh.:>.<:

Well make sure that you're getting plenty of vitamin C then.;yes;
    Im well stocked up
    Three packets of vitamic C tablets packed and ready to go :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Im well stocked up
    It doesnt work :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mope)
    It doesnt work :p: :p:
    It helps though!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Im well stocked up
    Well I have multi-vitamins that incluse vitamin C on them.:aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    Now I have to try and find my Vitamin C supplements. I had them right through the exam period and now I have no idea where they are

ReputationRep:
    Hrmm... why all the pills? Just eat an orange a day or something... :marchmell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lankyboy2003)
    i'll second that. it is the "detol protects" group that are most at risk because they have never been expsoed to those 99.9% of germs that got killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopylouise)
    Hrmm... why all the pills? Just eat an orange a day or something... :marchmell
    if you want Vitamin C then it is far better to obtain it from a natural source then from a pill or supplement. most of the Vitamins in these supplements are just past out straight away by your body. yopu need the origonal source.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.