The Student Room Group

Hormone Secretion Problem!!

Describe* the* feedback*loop* between* the* brain*and* thyroid* that* regulates*
T3/T4*production

Really don't know, started getting confused with TSH and TRH

Need help pretty please :smile:
Original post by flyingpanda786
Describe* the* feedback*loop* between* the* brain*and* thyroid* that* regulates*
T3/T4*production

Really don't know, started getting confused with TSH and TRH

Need help pretty please :smile:

I strongly suggest having a read of your notes - they should clarify things for you.

Essentially, TRH is released from the hypothalamus which stimulates the release of TSH from the anterior pituitary, which stimulates the release of T3/4 from the thyroid. There's a negative feedback mechanism involved (so when you have plenty of T3/4, that will have a negative feedback on the production of TRH/TSH). That's a very brief overview - as I said, have a look at your notes.
Original post by usycool1
I strongly suggest having a read of your notes - they should clarify things for you.

Essentially, TRH is released from the hypothalamus which stimulates the release of TSH from the anterior pituitary, which stimulates the release of T3/4 from the thyroid. There's a negative feedback mechanism involved (so when you have plenty of T3/4, that will have a negative feedback on the production of TRH/TSH). That's a very brief overview - as I said, have a look at your notes.

Thank you very much, now i have an idea of what is happening! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending