The Student Room Group

Will he kiss me on NYE? How?

Hi so over the summer I worked in retail and there was a boy there, mysterious and a bit different to everyone else there who was confident around customets and such. I wasn't sure if he liked me but he was always 'lurking' around away from his counter and generally in eyesight just coming over to our station to grab a drink or be around. He's shy and struck me as quite anxious/troubled so I was just aware of him. We went for a few after work drinks and he lightened up a bit, giving odd signals- putting his phone on my side of the table, walking close to me, we kind of started having a game of throwing ice cubes at eachother and he kept staring at my phone case (which is a family photo) and asking questions etc. There was a night when I poured my cider on him cos he told me to stop drinking, the same night when a friend said we should share a good night kiss but it both got awkward cos we
Worked together. Summer ended some staff got seasonally unemployed and I've seen him come into work twice to either get change or buy a cheap coffee before his shift elsewhere, I've made jokes and he sometimes just smiles at the ground and makes small talk. I'm moving away in the new year, messaged him that I probably won't see him before I go cos of the rota (I don't normally work the day he comes in) and he said 'I'll come and see you x' presumably at work? I kinda wanna do something on NYE (maybe both go to the club... And kiss) but I'm not sure how to make it happen or how to reply to that message! Help!
Bump
Original post by Surreptitiously
Hi so over the summer I worked in retail and there was a boy there, mysterious and a bit different to everyone else there who was confident around customets and such. I wasn't sure if he liked me but he was always 'lurking' around away from his counter and generally in eyesight just coming over to our station to grab a drink or be around. He's shy and struck me as quite anxious/troubled so I was just aware of him. We went for a few after work drinks and he lightened up a bit, giving odd signals- putting his phone on my side of the table, walking close to me, we kind of started having a game of throwing ice cubes at eachother and he kept staring at my phone case (which is a family photo) and asking questions etc. There was a night when I poured my cider on him cos he told me to stop drinking, the same night when a friend said we should share a good night kiss but it both got awkward cos we
Worked together. Summer ended some staff got seasonally unemployed and I've seen him come into work twice to either get change or buy a cheap coffee before his shift elsewhere, I've made jokes and he sometimes just smiles at the ground and makes small talk. I'm moving away in the new year, messaged him that I probably won't see him before I go cos of the rota (I don't normally work the day he comes in) and he said 'I'll come and see you x' presumably at work? I kinda wanna do something on NYE (maybe both go to the club... And kiss) but I'm not sure how to make it happen or how to reply to that message! Help!

Make your move and he will follow.
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Make your move and he will follow.

Does that mean that he's kind of interested?
he will push his lips towards your lips and lock them that's how
Does that mean that he's kind of interested?

Yes, the 'x' means he wants to kiss, but isn't sure if you want the same (which you apparently do!) so, therefore, you should make the first move!
...will you kiss HIM?
why make it HIS obligation?
if YOU want to kiss him, then why not?
who's going to stop you?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Yes, the 'x' means he wants to kiss, but isn't sure if you want the samie (which you apparently do!) so, therefore, you should make the first move!

Is that common boy text talk? Very eye opening! I'm thinking of saying 'or maybe I could see you x', and then see if he's working NYE. Does that work? I guess neither side wants to be too forward so it all becomes a mystery
Is that common boy text talk? Very eye opening! I'm thinking of saying 'or maybe I could see you x', and then see if he's working NYE. Does that work? I guess neither side wants to be too forward so it all becomes a mystery

I can't speak for my majority of boys, but I put one 'x' to see if the girl replies with 'x' back to see if she's interested or not. So, if you reply with 'xxx' or more, he will be encouraged to hit on you. Obviously, don't put more than three, keep it to one to three kisses, maybe the kissing emoji

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending