Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I took the 50-question specimen test on thecambridgeassessment website...and FAILED. 35/50. Does anyone have links to previous PPE exams? If not, is there any other way I can practice?

ReputationRep:
    B*ggered if I can find this test - what's the URL?

DtS
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Derek_the_Sheep)
    B*ggered if I can find this test - what's the URL?

DtS
    http://www.tsa.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/ppe/

It's a new test, though, so it might be that this is actually the only sample test around.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know that's a fail? I can't find anything on pass marks on the website. The LNAT raw score was reported to tutors, and half-marks was the average score...and I know people who've got in with below average LNAT marks.

Hmmm interesting. I've seen the sample tests before. I think it's for Cambridge admissions too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiggerish)
    How do you know that's a fail? I can't find anything on pass marks on the website. The LNAT raw score was reported to tutors, and half-marks was the average score...and I know people who've got in with below average LNAT marks.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I did the small one and got 7/10... so it's kinda the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me_lht)
    I took the 50-question specimen test on thecambridgeassessment website...and FAILED. 35/50. Does anyone have links to previous PPE exams? If not, is there any other way I can practice?
    what's the passing grade for the new PPE test?
    I'm taking it next wednesday, october 31st, and i've been practicing with the sample papers on tsa.cambridgeassessment.org.uk!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, when i did the diagnostic LNAT, i failed too (6/15)...but then after learning more about tactics i just got better (26/30)...so try lots of practice tests...or keep doing the same one...try mark your own paper and see where you went wrong. Might help

ReputationRep:
    There is no pass and fail. The average score on the specimen paper (a real one taken by cambridge applicants in 2005 or something) was 62%, which is 31/50. Therefore she has done better than the mean score. I got 34 yesterday but i should have had around 38, just made several stupid mathematical errors.

ReputationRep:
    someone in the PPE thread claimed to have got 49/50, and there were a few other high scores, but I certainly wouldn't worry about it too much. If you have a look at the stats on the TSA site it would seem that any score around 65% or more is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me_lht)
    I took the 50-question specimen test on thecambridgeassessment website...and FAILED. 35/50.
    70% in finals exams is a borderline 1st class mark, and 40% is a pass, though at 3rd class level. Why on earth do you think you have "failed"?

DtS

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.