The Student Room Group

Catholic advice on this

I'm 18 year old boy.I did a bad thing of sleeping with slut.I regret what I did.I feel guilty and I did that simply because I broke up with my gf for about 2 years now and since then I tried to hook up with any other girl but they all where not interested in me.So what can I do now? please help here my fellow christians

Scroll to see replies

Get over it and move on? I'm not a Christian but it's common sense. You'll meet someone else eventually. What else is there to do?
Reply 2
Original post by shady2.0
I'm 18 year old boy.I did a bad thing of sleeping with slut.I regret what I did.I feel guilty and I did that simply because I broke up with my gf for about 2 years now and since then I tried to hook up with any other girl but they all where not interested in me.So what can I do now? please help here my fellow christians

I'm not catholic but firstly I don't think it's fair to call any girl a slut, especially after you've slept with her - thats not okay.
I think if you're regretting sleeping with one girl and you're only doing it to (pretty much)try forget about your ex, it's probably not best for you to try hook up with more girls because you'll get into a cycle.

And also, how strong are you in your beliefs then - you could spend time focusing on you and your faith instead of trying to hook up with more girls if that isn't working
only reason you feel guilty is the biological imperative to avoid disease.
Reply 4
Original post by TK_23
I'm not catholic but firstly I don't think it's fair to call any girl a slut, especially after you've slept with her - thats not okay.
I think if you're regretting sleeping with one girl and you're only doing it to (pretty much)try forget about your ex, it's probably not best for you to try hook up with more girls because you'll get into a cycle.

And also, how strong are you in your beliefs then - you could spend time focusing on you and your faith instead of trying to hook up with more girls if that isn't working

Thank you.Your last words gave me a thought on how lost I was.
:rofl: This is a joke, right? :rofl:
Original post by TK_23

Christianity should be renamed the Blue-balls Religion. Literally all it consists of nowadays is edgy 20-somethings holding in orgasms and thinking that gives them some kind of divine authority.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Go to confession. What other Catholic advice are you after?
Reply 8
I'm not a big dog lover, but that gif is adorable! :colondollar:
Hey. :smile:) Same, maan. What've you been up to?
:smile:)) Good. Anything special happened?
Ah, not here. On TSR, it's the same stuff coming up every couple months. It gets kinda boring after a while tbh.

That's good news.
Original post by Mistletoe
Christianity should be renamed the Blue-balls Religion. Literally all it consists of nowadays is edgy 20-somethings holding in orgasms and thinking that gives them some kind of divine authority.

Why are you so against Christianity that you can't stop yourself from making rude generalised comments that just show how ignorant you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maninblack00
Why are you so against Christianity that you can't stop yourself from making rude generalised comments that just show how ignorant you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just find it stupid and dangerous and think humanity should go back to the basics and worship nature.

I'm not a catholic but I have been baptised as an adult and profess to be a Baptist. Confess your sin to God, ask him to forgive you and don't do it again.

OK, assuming you're not a troll for a moment:

1. As mentioned, firstly it's not nice to call any girl a slut :nope:

2. Hooking up with any other girl is not gonna take the pain of the breakup away. You are seeking comfort (and validation?) in temporary measures. You need to give yourself space to process the break-up and then slowly/naturally come out of your shell again. Remember everything in this world is passing, including pain. Try and discern things properly before you do them: you could have probably guessed that you would feel like this in advance of having sex with this girl!

As has been mentioned, going to confession is an option but only if you sincerely repent/intend to not do it again (I don't wanna make assumptions about whether you regret having pre-marital sex or whether you intend to do it again or not, etc).
I just find it stupid and dangerous and think humanity should go back to the basics and worship nature.

whats so stupid and dangerous about it
Original post by CraigBackner
whats so stupid and dangerous about it

Well I think looking favourably upon an impending human extinction event is quite a dangerous thing.

Saying Jesus is God is stupid and makes people think they need to know his teachings when they don't, better off reading Jack and the Beanstalk (great story)

Saying Homosexuality is an abomination is obviously dangerous to anyone who fancies the same sex.

I think in Revelations at some point Jesus talks about killing his enemies children too. That sounds pretty bad. I wonder if they used those sections in the crusades.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well I think looking favourably upon an impending human extinction event is quite a dangerous thing.

Saying Jesus is God is stupid and makes people think they need to know his teachings when they don't, better off reading Jack and the Beanstalk (great story)

Saying Homosexuality is an abomination is obviously dangerous to anyone who fancies the same sex.

I think in Revelations at some point Jesus talks about killing his enemies children too. That sounds pretty bad. I wonder if they used those sections in the crusades.

You are very misinformed and all your points made are inaccurate and frankly quite weakly articulated. I'm not trying to get you to like or convert to Christianity, just to respect that people believe in God and aren't crazy in doing so. Can you do that or does it eat away at you too much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maninblack00
You are very misinformed and all your points made are inaccurate and frankly quite weakly articulated. I'm not trying to get you to like or convert to Christianity, just to respect that people believe in God and aren't crazy in doing so. Can you do that or does it eat away at you too much?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can accept that there is a concept of moral perfection which everyone wishes to be close to, but I cannot accept that it is an entity or that it exists outside of the imagination of men.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending