Aiming for A*'s and A's in my GCSE's exams

Watch
mosisgansta
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I really want a take a challenge from myself and I want to try to get all A* in my GCSE exam, i'm currently doing 8 subjects that they are; English, mathematics, science, business studies, pe gcse, religious studies, spanish and engineering.
I'm really hard worker and I sacrife my sleeping and my lunch time evryday at the school to revise. I'm really taking my GCSE's very seriously and i'm willing to do anything to get that grades. I really want to ask what tips can you give to get A*'s and A's, any websites that I can used or anything.

Thank you
Sweetpeasw
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did 7, and aimed for Bs and Cs. Ended up with A*,A*,A,A,A,B,B
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mosisgansta)
I really want a take a challenge from myself and I want to try to get all A* in my GCSE exam, i'm currently doing 8 subjects that they are; English, mathematics, science, business studies, pe gcse, religious studies, spanish and engineering.
I'm really hard worker and I sacrife my sleeping and my lunch time evryday at the school to revise. I'm really taking my GCSE's very seriously and i'm willing to do anything to get that grades. I really want to ask what tips can you give to get A*'s and A's, any websites that I can used or anything.

Thank you
Hi, so far i did 4 gcse's and i got A*, i did geography,history, re and additional language.I would recommend getting lots of sleep a its important for your concentration as the hours you spent revising instead of revising are not going to be worth anything as none will be going into your head if you lack concentration because your tired.For maths use maths genie, for science i use free science lessons as its concise and quick and sometimes i look at my class notes and the revision guide but mostly i use free science lessons, also do past papers. For RE the main things to do is to learn the arguments for each ethical issue and dont bother learning long quotes i would only stick with short memorable ones, but the arguments are most important and when referring to a certain e.g christians say some christians believe not just christians, also make sheets for certain ethical issues and write against and for and write religious arguments and attach short quotations to them.For english for quotations for lit, remember again only short quotations and embed quotations even if it one word quotes, and remember the points for all the characters, i mostly just embed one or two word quotations.For languages use memrise, its a good way to learn vocab.Also also make sure you drink water and eat healthy and get plenty of sleep and dont do long chunks of study time but like 30 minute chunks and giving yourself short breaks in between, to retain your concentration, also make checklists of things you will revise dont just write e.g. biology but e.g. revise enzymes, be specific and have lots of small goals, so you feel like going and not overwhelmed but the amount of things you have to do.Also to make sure you know the information try and teach someone the information or say the information out loud to yourself. I hope this helps.
CraigBackner
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thank you
make a revision timetable covering all the subjects you want to revise in that week. You should allocate similar subjects to revise on the same day, eg maths and physics, or English lit and lang. If you follow this timetable revising effectively then I guarantee you, you will get A*'s
mosisgansta
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for your attention guys!!👌💯
mosisgansta
Rep:
?
I normally sleep like 6 hours or 7 hours a day, do you think is better to take a snap in the afternoons after school to be more concentrate?
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I normally sleep like 6 hours or 7 hours a day, do you think is better to take a snap in the afternoons after school to be more concentrate?
You need 8 or 9 hours of sleep.
rosie.mn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had a full 8 hours of sleep throughout revision, and did not sacrifice any lunch times. I came out with 5A*s, 4As and a B in maths (a success for me, i can barely add haha)
To get all A*s and As, you don't need to revise a lot, you need to revise effectively. Do 2/3 hours of quality revision rather than 7 hours of half hearted revision.
For maths, use mathswatch or mathsgenie and do plenty of past papers. Make short concise notes for all your subjects and then make them into mindmaps or flash cards. Revise from them, talk it through to others and yourself. Past papers are key! You're sure to get A*s if you practise.
mosisgansta
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for your opinion!!👌💯😉
batouttahell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
bruh, dont overwork, its perhaps the worst thing - i got 12 A*s
everyones different, if u like loads of timetables n **** like that then do it but i just worked on setting myself a specific amount of
hours to work on a subject each day
dont put loads of pressure on urself, it really isnt the be all and end all
also believe in urself lmao, i got an E in my geog mock and ended up with an A*
good luck x
mosisgansta
Rep:
?
What do you think is the key to have 12A*, and what website do you recommed to go to revise?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed