Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to do anyhting with this if i have applied to LEA for funding of tuition fees. don't my Lea pay directly to the Uni/ I'm pooing myself now, what I get down there and they just don't let me in. Beh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I got the same thing this morning...think we just have to show them that letter we got about our tuition fees when we get there for enrolement Terrified me when I opened it this morning and all I could see was "outstanding balance: £3070" tho haha:eek:

ReputationRep:
    yeh I was half confused ive been told we don't even see the tuition fees just gets paid direct to the uni from lea

ReputationRep:
    So do we just have to show our loan letters on enrollment?

ReputationRep:
    I bloody well hope so.

ReputationRep:
    I got it this morning as well. I still haven't received anything from the student loan, still processsing. Maybe because I'm an EU student?

I'll have to send them the direct debit form if I don't get the loan before enrolment.

ReputationRep:
    My loan is still processing as well

ReputationRep:
    My mum nearly had a heart attack this morning when I told her! I am just going to show them my letters from SLC/LEA that should be enough, I hope!

ReputationRep:
    Happened for me with Reading last year. You take your loan confirmation they're like: "Excellent." And that is pretty much it.

ReputationRep:
    lol glad 2 hear i was not the only one to have a bad moment when i opened that letter..ahahah

ReputationRep:
    You guys have it easy. i'm spending £15,000 for the year.

ReputationRep:
    HELLLP...found this on website...and my loans payments are scheduled for february and may....will it be a problem?...what are your schedules?

You must pay a minimum 50% of your tuition fees before enrolment. You will also need a receipt from the College Finance Office confirming that you have paid this 50% and that you have made arrangements to pay the remaining 50% by 31st January 2008.

ReputationRep:
    You just take the information from the LEA with you, confirming that they are going to pay the fees.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a tuition fee loan for £3000, although its actually £3070..what do I do? I remember clearly looking on the net and it saying £3000!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh that happened to me as well!! Was VERY annoyed haha! I think we just have to pay the extra £70 ourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeSiFiEd)
    I'm getting a tuition fee loan for £3000, although its actually £3070..what do I do? I remember clearly looking on the net and it saying £3000!
    same happened to me, just call them up, u can still change it

ReputationRep:
    Ah! You read the old tuition fee thingy, it hadn't been updated. In future, always ask for the maximum!

ReputationRep:
    Call who up the LEA?

ReputationRep:
    Yerp.

ReputationRep:
    you just show them the Lea letter I phoned up QM and they said just show the Lea letter when you enroll

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.