Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    *consoles*
    I guess we shall just have to see how it goes... and be optimistic.....

Haven't seen you for a while, how's life? Still like Eddie?!

ReputationRep:
    no no hes not my teacher, that discussion is totally unrealted, ive just been having an in depth day with my mates and was wondering what all you guys thought, he's 27 and works in a bar while going to uni, I go in the bar, and we like each other but i dunno its all messed up, :confused: I do really fancy my PE teacher though but he's 20 years older lol, and I don't think that could happen, he's got a wife and stuff, oh gosh why do i like older blokes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    no no hes not my teacher, that discussion is totally unrealted, ive just been having an in depth day with my mates and was wondering what all you guys thought, he's 27 and works in a bar while going to uni, I go in the bar, and we like each other but i dunno its all messed up, :confused: I do really fancy my PE teacher though but he's 20 years older lol, and I don't think that could happen, he's got a wife and stuff, oh gosh why do i like older blokes?
    Cus most guys our age are very immature and act about 12? (before anyone shouts at me i said most not all i know some of you are great)

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel re liking older blokes! Do you have much in common with the 27 year old?

Married bloke = definitely out of bounds...

ReputationRep:
    yeh, I have loads in common with the 27 year old, but my parents wouldnt be happy...and his parents probably wouldnt be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    *putting the pieces together, although perhaps in the wrong way*

You cannot go out with your teacher! Besides, a ten year age gap when the youngest person is below 20 very rarely works out.
    you mean he'll leave her after getting some action or when he finds a woman nearer his own age? yeah it'll probably happen

ReputationRep:
    aww i hope he wouldn't do that, i'd be gutted,

ReputationRep:
    hello...just a little bit of advice needed, i know I'm a newbie and that but i just need an intellectual interpretation of my problem, I'm 17 and I like a man who is 27, do you you think age is an issue? please help. thanks guys. :confused:
    Be prepared for some people not to accept it. I certainly didnt when my mate said she fancied a work colleague last year. Still not to happy about it, and i cannot give u a reason why. Guess its just suspicion as to why someone that much older is interested in someone who is barely out of school. Smacks of peadophillia. Plus i am very protective of her!

ReputationRep:
    hello...just a little bit of advice needed, i know I'm a newbie and that but i just need an intellectual interpretation of my problem, I'm 17 and I like a man who is 27, do you you think age is an issue? please help. thanks guys. :confused:
    It's normal for girls to like older guys, probably due desire to be with 'more mature' individuals. As you're asking "what will others think of this?", rather than "what do I think of this?", the answer is some will think negatively of it and others will be indifferent. Some may even think positively of it. Relationships wish such age differences are poorly represented in the british population, so statistically - it is a rare incident.

ReputationRep:
    No I do not think it is an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm I've always believed that age gap issues have little to do with the actual age and much more to do with the phase you are at in life. If you're both students, then you're in similar places in life and therefore stand a better chance of making it. At least that's what I think.. it's something to be concerned about but surely it's only an issue if you or others make it one?

ReputationRep:
    well if i was 27 and an eager hot 17 year old wanted me id jump at the chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Cus most guys our age are very immature and act about 12? (before anyone shouts at me i said most not all i know some of you are great)
    argh its too true. one thing i find with me is that i am more at ease with older men..you know they arent gonna make some stupid joke to their friends to look macho, coz they are over all that stuff.. and that can make starting a reletionship more probable.. it seams to only be blokes who has a problem with the age gap.. read into that what you will....

lu x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    What behaviour would you class as immature then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    So long as it isn't me it's bouncy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    No I do not think it is an issue.
    Make sure you tell the short plump redheads in Cambridge that too man!

(Original post by Chubb)
    In the words of Niles Crane (from Fraiser) - "Its doesn't matter what I think - you already know what you think; like all patients you are just seeking me to confirm that you have made the right choice"

However in the words of me - Just remember when you are 40 he will be 50. If you think it could last then go for it though.
    Hey, look, thats the situation my 'rents are in! Don't knock it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Hmmmm I've always believed that age gap issues have little to do with the actual age and much more to do with the phase you are at in life. If you're both students, then you're in similar places in life and therefore stand a better chance of making it. At least that's what I think.. it's something to be concerned about but surely it's only an issue if you or others make it one?

i compleetly agree with this, when i was 14 i was dating a guy who was 19. the age gap there was compleelty wrong and although we both enjoyed it at the time, we both soon got bored and moved on. it was wrong because i was still in school (pre gcse's) and he was working full time with a car! it really hit home to me one day when we went to a pub and he bought me a coke and himself a pint. i was compleetly shocked...ok i was underage but id been drinking at that pub for probably a year! actually it was probably worst when i was 12 and dating a guy who was 20, but he was way way immature and it took us about 2 months before we even kissed!

from then on i stayed with guys my own age until now!

now im 18 and dating a guy whos 24. but its different now, because were both in uni. he could just as easily be 19 and be the same person! now i dont think anything of the age difference and im quite happy tellling people that my bf is 24...but hes a bit more cautious. he wont tell his family or friends at home about me and i have to respect that, im sure with time he will!

my advice to you is this, you obviously are curious so go for it, but treat him the same way you would a guy of your own age. dont do things your not comfortable with. and remeber this, he'll be used to going to pubs and clubs....and its likely to be a large chunk of his social scene...your not even allowed in yet....so be careful.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    it was probably worst when i was 12 and dating a guy who was 20
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    well if i was 27 and an eager hot 17 year old wanted me id jump at the chance
    You wouldnt mate, you wouldnt!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.