The Student Room Group

guys, do you actually care if a girl shaves?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ellipses
Vaguely pointless statement.

Or just not shave....

Not pointless at all, thank you very much. Do things because you want to do them not because someone else wants you to.

Not turning this into a debate. :rolleyes:
Original post by Elena.Catalina
Not pointless at all, thank you very much. Do things because you want to do them not because someone else wants you to.

Not turning this into a debate. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I wasn't clear at all.

I mean, I understand and appreciate the sentiment....but shaving for yourself isn't really a thing...is it? Girls shave because society prefers it. Even if they're more comfortable shaven, it's because that's what's been made acceptable.

What I'm trying to say is, no one would shave if they didn't feel obliged to.
Reply 42
Original post by Ellipses
Sorry, I wasn't clear at all.

I mean, I understand and appreciate the sentiment....but shaving for yourself isn't really a thing...is it? Girls shave because society prefers it. Even if they're more comfortable shaven, it's because that's what's been made acceptable.

What I'm trying to say is, no one would shave if they didn't feel obliged to.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time I don't think anyone is going to put a gun to your head if you prefer not to shave.

I don't feel obliged by anyone for that matter, I just prefer being hairless and having smooth skin like a baby's ass. It should come down to what you like after all, although the majority is highly pressured by society, unfortunately. Can't argue that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elena.Catalina
I get what you're saying, but at the same time I don't think anyone is going to put a gun to your head if you prefer not to shave.

I don't feel obliged by anyone for that matter, I just prefer being hairless and having smooth skin like a baby's ass. It should come down to what you like after all, although the majority is highly pressured by society, unfortunately. Can't argue that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hah, but I think that people's reaction to an unshaven body would cause extreme embarrassment...You have to absolutely not care what other people think and for most people, that's tough.

It's important to consider why you feel that way imo. Why do you think we appreciate smoothness so much?...because it's insanely glamourised. On whatever level, your preference has been formed by everything around you...and quite understandably.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wouldn’t mind it trimmed round the edges, don’t like it out of control

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending