Glasgow Caledonian hasn't acknowledged me?

Watch this thread
NadsTrash
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I sent away my UCAS application and on my track it says the unis are considering my application. This was on august 24th.
Napier and RGU have already given me unconditionals, Abertay has asked me for a portfolio but Glasgow Caledonian hasn't even sent an acknowledgement email.
It was also stated on UCAS that I will need a portfolio for the course, which is computer games (Art and Animation), and I'm worried they are going to randomly spring a closely set portfolio date on me.

So, is this a normal thing for GCU to do or are they being weirdly quiet?

UPDATE: I withdrew from my application for GCU cause I didn't really want to go anyway. But I've now accepted the offer from abertay! Thanks for all the replies
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NadsTrash)
I sent away my UCAS application and on my track it says the unis are considering my application. This was on august 24th.
Napier and RGU have already given me unconditionals, Abertay has asked me for a portfolio but Glasgow Caledonian hasn't even sent an acknowledgement email.
It was also stated on UCAS that I will need a portfolio for the course, which is computer games (Art and Animation), and I'm worried they are going to randomly spring a closely set portfolio date on me.

So, is this a normal thing for GCU to do or are they being weirdly quiet?
Give them a call in the New Year.

(And check your spam/junk folder)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glasgow Caledonian University
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hi there, Sorry to hear that you haven't been contacted. The University has now reopened after the winter break. Here are our contact details so please get in touch:

http://www.gcu.ac.uk/floatingpages/contactus/
MathsAndCoffee
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Dundee is better for Animation. Don't understand why you would choose GCU. Dundee has a history of games design and animation with developers such as Mojang and Rockstar starting off there careers in Dundee. GCU is only known for its web development.
gadgfan
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I know it's easier said than done but please don't stress out about it. I'm sure you'll hear from GCU eventually. Two years ago, I had to wait until later in the year, May I think, before I received an acknowledgement about my application. I then received a conditional offer in June for their Occupational Therapy programme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (97)
68.31%
No (30)
21.13%
I didn't use it to prepare (15)
10.56%

Watched Threads