The Student Room Group

Anyone worked a McDonalds overnight shift..?

Has anyone worked a McDonalds overnight shift..?

I've heard that due to the lack of customers and it being the time of the day that regular stores close... that you are doing loads of cleaning and getting underneath machines and cleaning grit and all the dirty stuff.

Stuff like a lot of cleaning out machines, scraping off dirt, taking apart machines etc.

Is this true..?

Because I'd rather not do all these dirty functions

If it's dirty stuff like that, then I'd rather do regular hours, in which case, I'll wok at a different store instead.

Thanks
ye it would be cleaning mostly, but only some of the tasks are annoying; wiping surfaces near tills is chill af
When I say "overnight"... I mean for a 24-hour McDonalds that is open for 24 hours.

Is this still true..? About it being mostly cleaning..?

Thanks
Original post by michaelmystery

I've heard that due to the lack of customers and it being the time of the day that regular stores close... that you are doing loads of cleaning and getting underneath machines and cleaning grit and all the dirty stuff.

Stuff like a lot of cleaning out machines, scraping off dirt, taking apart machines etc.

Is this true..?

If it's dirty stuff like that, then I'd rather do regular hours, in which case, I'll wok at a different store instead.

Thanks

Although the McDonalds I work at isn't 24 hours, my store is owned by a franchise that owns several 24 hour restaurants.
Some stores can get busier than you think overnight, depending on where your store is. As well as serving customers, there is the cleaning aspect of it. Such as doing the daily/weekly cleans on the shake machine, blended ice machine etc. As well as usual bits of cleaning. You may also have to stock up etc. It isn't that bad though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by michaelmystery

Is this true..?

Thanks

At most jobs like that, you will be expected to clean a bit. If the hours suit you, try it. It really depends on how busy your store is and how many staff are around. If it's being kept open 24 hours a day, then there must be a fair amount of custom in those hours. I wouldn't have thought you'll spend your whole shift on the floor cleaning or anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending