Turn on thread page Beta

in the past 5 minutes when i click certain threads i get a can not display page message
    it doesnt do it for all of them.
    the only one i can think of off hand is the whats that song thread.
    am i alone in my tsr erm difficulty?

ReputationRep:
    No tengo problemas.

[edit]I don't have any problems[/edit]

ReputationRep:
    Other than the site grinding to a standstill for 5 minutes about 2 hours ago, no problems atm.

gr its still doing it. anyone any ideas how i can fix it?

ReputationRep:
    I'll use the industy standard answer and suggest clearing your cache.

ReputationRep:
    It might just be your inernet. My net's been going really slow over the last few days and I sometimes get timeout errors etc. because of it.

no good

(Original post by dangle)
    It might just be your inernet. My net's been going really slow over the last few days and I sometimes get timeout errors etc. because of it.
    its coming up with the message almost instantly so i dont think im being timed out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    its coming up with the message almost instantly so i dont think im being timed out
    Do you get the the same problem other webpages on the internet? If you do, it's a problem your end.

Your firewall might be blocking connections to some pages etc. and if it's instant, it's more than likely a problem with your computer/firewall/internet box. ;yes;

Probably best to contact your ISP and explain the problems - they'll be able to tell you how to check if it's the box messing about.

(Original post by dangle)
    Do you get the the same problem other webpages on the internet? If you do, it's a problem your end.

Your firewall might be blocking connections to some pages etc. but if it's instant, it's more than likely a problem with your computer/internet box. ;yes;
    nope its just one or two threads on tsr. ive tried on two different conncections
    maybe it doesnt like me :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    nope its just one or two threads on tsr. ive tried on two different conncections
    maybe it doesnt like me :puppyeyes:
    By the sounds of it, it's on a blocked web page list in your browser or firewall.

By connections, what do you mean? Two different internet providers? Two different computers?

two different internet providers at two different locations. hm odd i will have a look at my firewall

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. If it was the same computer you were using on those two providers in different locations (say, a laptop) then it's definitely something on the computer. Otherwise, I have no idea what's causing the problem :\

theres nothing in my firewall

still doing it! :mad:
    its mainly in music but happening in socs too which is awkward

ReputationRep:
    it's you, not me

ReputationRep:
    i had this earlier with websites where i have to log in (hotmail, facebook..). i just restarted my computer and it fixed it. try that?

that didnt work either

ReputationRep:
    Control Panel > Network Connections > View All Connections.

Choose your connection and then click on "repair".

It'll clear the ARP and DNS cache. That should solve the problem.

still no good

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.