The Student Room Group

How to deal with being an only child?

Scroll to see replies

I'm an only child but I'm happy coz I'll get all the money and properties so at least I get to be rich

And don't worry man you're not unlucky as its not that siblings are always nice. Not having a sibling is better than having a sht sibling\siblings anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by asif007
Oh I see. That's a shame. But I've learned that you don't need people like that in your life. Whether it's your family or friends, you should stick with people who are gonna be there to support you through hard times. **** everyone else.

Thats true, I also don't feel supported by most people in my family and especially my dad and it really gets to me sometimes.
hey guys i just need help i’m 16 and as i remember i wished for a bro or sis since i was 3 and i used to cry for 10years every night .but now i really feel a hole in my life i don’t have any friend and i really dont want to . and my parent just want me to work really hard . they’re really sticky even im not allowed to go out for an hour with my classmate . i’m tired from crying over every scene in movie or reality that siblings hug or they support each other and etc..
Reply 23
I’m an only child too, and all my cousins have loads of siblings. Without a bf, and barely any friends life can get VERY boring. My friends are always busy. And my parents are always talking on the phone to their siblings. I’m usually ALWAYS alone. I try to distract myself with music and tv programs but honestly life is so damn boring and it makes you feel like you’re depressed.
Like everyone else, I too am an only child. The one advantage you have over people with siblings, is that you're forced to be more imaginative and creative. You can do things people with siblings can't do. I myself grew frustrated with how I interacted with people. It's only now at the age of 22, where I actually know what I want to do in life, and because I'm also so quiet about how I go about my business, people take notice, and everything basically falls into place. I definitely want my child to not be an only child in the future. However, see it as an advantage, rather than a disadvantage. As life goes on, you might realise that having a great imagination can actually make you successful and then everything will fall into place. :smile:
your not alone because your parents consistently intervene in you life w/o asking you if you want it, which sucks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending