What have been your favourite shows/films to watch in 2016?

Watch this thread
Tanqueray91
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
2016 is very near to its end, and lots has certainly happened on and off the screen!

If you can stretch your mind back all that way, what have you most enjoyed watching this year, be it TV shows, or movies...? They don't have to be from this year, just ones that you've watched this year!!

For me, I'd say TV shows have trumped it for me... Watching Cold Feet, Eastenders, Chicago Fire/PD, and Eyewitness have been some of my favourite series to watch during 2016, though these are mostly shows I've watched since June onwards given I can't actually remember what I was even doing before June

I'd also say watching The Grand Tour after a very long wait has certainly been enjoyable!
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
2016 is very near to its end, and lots has certainly happened on and off the screen!

If you can stretch your mind back all that way, what have you most enjoyed watching this year, be it TV shows, or movies...? They don't have to be from this year, just ones that you've watched this year!!

For me, I'd say TV shows have trumped it for me... Watching Cold Feet, Eastenders, Chicago Fire/PD, and Eyewitness have been some of my favourite series to watch during 2016, though these are mostly shows I've watched since June onwards given I can't actually remember what I was even doing before June

I'd also say watching The Grand Tour after a very long wait has certainly been enjoyable!
The Flash, Hawaii Five-0, The Chase, The Apprentice, a 1970s series called Land Of The Giants which was really good, Countdown, Modern Family, Hateful Eight, to name a few that I can remember...

Eastenders though
Tanqueray91
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
The Flash, Hawaii Five-0, The Chase, The Apprentice, a 1970s series called Land Of The Giants which was really good, Countdown, Modern Family, Hateful Eight, to name a few that I can remember...

Eastenders though
The chase don't watch like you do, but do occasionally watch it - thoughts on when the set was 'destroyed'

And yeh eastenders - changed my life

Also, Hawaii five-O on Sunday!!!!
RainMakesWhisky
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You, Me and the Apocalypse- genuinely not sure if I loved or hated this, loved it for the first 5 episodes and then it got so dark. I mean I know it's a black comedy but still, that ending killed me.

Other ones I loved: Lovesick (so glad netflix picked this up), Freaks and Geeks, Jane the Virgin, Black Mirror.
BillyH98
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Only recently discovered Game of Thrones, had no idea what I was missing 😃, favourite by a mile. I also watched Westworld which was good but can be confusing at times. I'm currently on season 4 of vikings and that's been fantastic so far.

Prison break was also brilliant (seasons 1+2 mostly) and was the first series I really watched, can't stop now.

I tried watching the walking dead but didn't really enjoy it, especially with everyone telling me how boring and repetitive it becomes, left nothing to look forward to so I gave up.

TV definitely trumps movies this year for me, however, I only watched TLOTR this year and that was pretty good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.83%
No (46)
22.44%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.73%

Watched Threads