The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nulliverse
Depends if you're a guy, could mean low testosterone or low libido or something else out of whack.

Deary me, there is absolutely nothing wrong about not walking around with a raging erection 100% of the time.
Original post by Len Goodman
Well sorry for standing up for traditional morals and values, obviously you have neither if you support the liberal left's take on this.

I'm not sure what the liberal left has to do with one person's desires but okay
Original post by chelseafreak
pretty much the title really. i do want a relationship but i don't want sex. i want to be able to go on dates and kiss and cuddle, to know that someone is always there for me and to always be there for them, but i don't want to have sex. is this normal?

Yes this is absolutely normal.
not everyone wants to have sex and there are lots of reasons that people don't want to, unfortunately i can only guess about it being is to do with your sexuality,
you don't have to label yourself, but i think it might be comforting to know that there are people like you.
i myself have little to no interest in sex and have recently labeled myself as demi-sexual.
i'm going to link to a few things that could hopefully help you.
1-http://www.asexuality.org/?q=overview.html
2-http://cupcakearrow.tumblr.com/acearothings
3-http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/9651265/The-moment-I-realised-I-was-asexual.html
4-http://www.asexualityarchive.com/tag/ace-spectrum/

you may not be ace or not want labels but maybe reading more about it might help?
Deary me, there is absolutely nothing wrong about not walking around with a raging erection 100% of the time.

Did I imply that? He doesn't want to have sex with a girl and one of the symptoms of low libido (Meaning not wanting to have sex with a girl) can signify an underlying medical issue.
You'll find someone, however you aren't entitled to stop them leaving you if you can't satisfy their needs....
Asexual =/= Low libido
It's normal and I kinda feel the same lol
No
Realest thing ive ever seen in my life.
Original post by Anonymous
No offence but I'm getting tired of these "is this normal?" threads.

Yes, it is normal. Not everyone on this planet wants to **** anything with a heartbeat.

You dont go into a relationship thinking "I wanna **** him/her", do you? You go into one because you like the other person.

REALEST THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. I THINK EXACTLY LIKE THAT, but i could never find perfect words to say it in that perfect understandable way..
I have to sometimes wonder whether the people not wanting sex have had sex and if that sex was good.

If all I'd ever eaten were tesco value pizza then I may not crave a pizza, where's I love going out for a proper italian restaurant one. Could it be a bad experience or not knowing what they are missing is fuelling this?
Of course it’s ****ing normal you RETARD. Your saying it’s not normal to have Real feelings for someone and just be obsessed about sticking your **** into everything because it gives you a burst of pleasure.. **** THAT **** You don’t need sex to love and someone who truly loves you will be okay with that and will love you forever ❤️
Reply 31
asexual is when you don’t get sexual feelings e.g. you don’t get turned on and therefore a lot usually don’t have/ like sex. not wanting to have sex is a completely different thing
That's exactly how I feel, I thought something was wrong with me. I'm 31 now and single, maybe that's the reason I am single. This really helped me out a lot thanks!
THIS
Original post by chelseafreak
pretty much the title really. i do want a relationship but i don't want sex. i want to be able to go on dates and kiss and cuddle, to know that someone is always there for me and to always be there for them, but i don't want to have sex. is this normal?

I wouldn't worry about it. In an average relationship, sex is generally pretty far along the progression because it usually takes time to build up a deep emotional and physical attraction to someone. You might just be into kissing and cuddling at first, but you may end up desiring more intimacy as you go on. Everyone has their own way of handling these things, you're not abnormal in any way.
Oh **** just realized this thread is 3 years old.
I'd say it's normal, and a bit healthy in my opinion. maybe only because my religious parents have taught me sex in a relationship= eternal doom and it messes with my brain...
I Google this because I'm the same way.
It's absolutely fine, sunshine. Ignore the young liberal millennials who think about nothing but sex and jump into bed with the first person they meet. All this "sex-positivity" nonsense has completely ruined the value of good honest relationships.

Agreed’ very nicely put 💞
Interesting that you choose to hop on the student room to ask this

Latest

Trending

Trending