How do I get fitter? Watch

Krishi_G
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So, its story time.
I'm in my GCSE years but I have always seen being fit and active as a part of my own lifestyle.
Dilemma is that I am not allowed to go to the gym, not allowed to go for jogs and my house is very small, there isn't any space for me to do even mini workouts. This leaves me with the 2 hours of PE, an hour of "fitness" once a week and a personal training session that my school provides a selected few...for an hour.
To be honest, PE is spent just playing badminton because the teachers are relaxed with us because loads of people don't like PE and therefore they said they don't want to add more pressure for our GCSE years.
What do I do??:argh:
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You already do quite a lot to keep fit. (More than most people can be bothered to I suppose...)
Is it too late to join any after-school clubs? Or are you willing to wait until you can get gym membership?
Do keep in mind that you will have free periods during your A-levels which you can spend keeping fit. As for "not being allowed" to jog, well, no one can tell you that after GCSE either
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya,

It sounds like you do enough to maintain a moderate level of fitness. When you often have limited time and space for exercising then you need to maximise what you've got.

Things like: walking very briskly, do you have a bike? Could you go swimming? These won't necessarily improve your fitness but will build your overall strength and stamina.

At home there are some exercises that I do in my bedroom e.g. step ups, star jumps (although can be quite noisy), lunges, crunches- maybe try and replicate some of the things that you do in your fitness class.
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why are you not allowed to go jogging?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maidenhair
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah what kind of world is that? Is your neighbourhood dangerous?
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All about that diet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Krishi_G
Rep:
?
(Original post by shawn_o1)
You already do quite a lot to keep fit. (More than most people can be bothered to I suppose...)
Is it too late to join any after-school clubs? Or are you willing to wait until you can get gym membership?
Do keep in mind that you will have free periods during your A-levels which you can spend keeping fit. As for "not being allowed" to jog, well, no one can tell you that after GCSE either
Problem is that it's not just because of GCSEs, its also because of the surroundings apparently... but my school doesn't do after school clubs...and I've done the leadership stuff so i can't go again.
Krishi_G
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angry cucumber)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Due to the fact that apparently its not too safe and that also its my GCSE years
Krishi_G
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maidenhair)
Yeah what kind of world is that? Is your neighbourhood dangerous?
Not really. They just don't let me
Krishi_G
Rep:
?
Thanks though guys
BCam.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do some burpees at home, blast out 100 in under 5 mins that will get your lungs burning.
Krishi_G
Rep:
?
Okay so I have an hour of fitness for the next 8 weeks and trampolining for an hour so that's not too bad so lets see if I can get more out of this....fingers crossed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads