The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Do Southampton University have an official rep on here?

Really need a question answered by someone at Southampton.

Thanks in advance!
@University of Southampton

Student here, maybe I can help?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Neostigmine
@University of Southampton

Student here, maybe I can help?

So essentially for econ/pol at UoS the offer is ABB or BBB if you do politics. On their entry requirements it says A-level maths/physics needed. I do History, Pol and Econ and for Maths GCSE I achieved a grade A. Should I apply?

I'm in year 12 btw
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sahil19
So essentially for econ/pol at UoS the offer is ABB or BBB if you do politics. On their entry requirements it says A-level maths/physics needed. I do History, Pol and Econ and for Maths GCSE I achieved a grade A. Should I apply?

I'm in year 12 btw

The website says:

All applicants must have AS level Mathematics at grade B or above, or A level Physics or A-level Statistics

You can get in touch to ask if they are lenient, but this says that you need to have AS maths or a level phys/stats so I assume that a Maths gcse won't be enough on its own.

Email the uni or call admissions for guidance. The @University of Southampton account hasn't been active for a while :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Neostigmine
The website says:

All applicants must have AS level Mathematics at grade B or above, or A level Physics or A-level Statistics

You can get in touch to ask if they are lenient, but this says that you need to have AS maths or a level phys/stats so I assume that a Maths gcse won't be enough on its own.

Email the uni or call admissions for guidance. The @University of Southampton account hasn't been active for a while :frown:

Ah right okay it's just for Exeter and Manchester if you haven't taken maths at a higher level than GCSE than an A grade would be sufficient. Hopefully I'll get the answer soon though. Thanks for the help!
Original post by sahil19
Ah right okay it's just for Exeter and Manchester if you haven't taken maths at a higher level than GCSE than an A grade would be sufficient. Hopefully I'll get the answer soon though. Thanks for the help!

A quick google shows me that Manch isn't fussed about it and has only a GCSE requirement for Maths and Exeter specify that an A at GCSE is okay instead. As Soton gas specified a GCSE AND A level requirement I would imagine it would be a no, but do ask them as I am not in that faculty remotely.

[email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)23 8059 4746

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending