The Student Room Group

What courses could I do with these A Levels?

I have picked
Chemistry
Biology
Psychics
Maths

I'm not sure as to what one I am most interested in however I want to know my options as to what I can potentially become.
Reply 1
Original post by UmerC
I have picked
Chemistry
Biology
Psychics
Maths

I'm not sure as to what one I am most interested in however I want to know my options as to what I can potentially become.

Seriously, Psychics. That's not even close to Physics.

There's plenty you could do, a lot of science based degrees obviously, medicine, etc.

Have a look at this: https://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/media/5272/informedchoices-print.pdf

It's made by the RG universities and should have all your answers
Original post by SGHD26716
Seriously, Psychics. That's not even close to Physics.

xD im dying
Reply 3
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
xD im dying

Still not sure if it is Physics or if he wants to be a psychic
Original post by UmerC
I have picked
Chemistry
Biology
Psychics
Maths

Engineering (civil, mechanical, biomedical, electrical, chemical, etc.),
Maths (although further maths would help),
Physics,
Chemistry,
Biology,
Biochemistry,
Medicine,
Pathology,
Pharmacology,
Pharmacy,
Zoology,
Natural Sciences,
Molecular Biology,
Cell Biology,
Biomedical Science,
Geology/ Earth Sciences,
Computer Science,
etc.

There's literally tens or even hundreds of options - basically any science related degree (or in fact many other degrees which don't have specific subject requirements).

I'd really recommend figuring out broadly what you're looking for (e.g. clinical medicine, a lab based science, a more theoretical/ maths-y science, hands-on engineering, etc.) and exploring the options there a bit. I wrote an article giving some suggestions about this - stuff like reading and doing online courses :smile: Also, apply for summer programs (deadlines are coming up - again there are suggestions and a database search for these opportunities on my website) and taster days since these are great ways to test out what studying that subject at uni would be like :smile: All this stuff is also great personal statement fodder too :wink:
Tarot cards, crystal ball studies, history of palm lines... they're all open to you.
I suggest English.
Reply 7
Original post by nexttime
Tarot cards, crystal ball studies, history of palm lines... they're all open to you.

Oh crystal ball studies sounds intriguing.
Nail care level 2 degree
Reply 9
SO many options- you could go down engineering route/healthcare route/ science route/ subject degrees. You took subjects that open so many doors- so many things you could get into! x
OMG full asian package? All you have to do now is take further maths
Original post by UmerC
I have picked
Chemistry
Biology
Psychics
Maths

We share physics chem and maths in common. Wish I had taken bio. But anyway, with those subjects you could go into either engineering (except a few that require further maths) medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy. You could even study those subjects at uni. Good choices btw :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending