The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

To add to Curry, Motorsport and Snooker (which i plan to be active in this time), will be fotosoc, squash and badminton i think. Maybe even risk if i get bored. Not to forget compsoc just for the LANs and aquiring files shall i say.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I'm carrying on with Table Football from last year as my main society. I'll be a member of the Student Cinema as it's just silly not to be really. Apart from that, I may do a bit of mentoring for HistorySoc if that's possible and I feel I'm up to it or have anything to offer.

Bear in mind by the way that the list of societies on the Student Union site is outdated. The football fans' society no longer exists as I found to my dismay last year - nobody had even heard of it when I asked at the fayre...
Reply 3
Russian Speaking society
Economics Society
Pro Evo Society
2 societies im planning on starting myself
and maybe 1-3 others that i haven't looked at.
Alternative film society

That is all
Reply 5
abrp
Russian Speaking society
Economics Society
Pro Evo Society
2 societies im planning on starting myself
and maybe 1-3 others that i haven't looked at.

Are they secrets or can you share with us now? :p:
Now, what looks interesting to me is the following:
-French society
-Linguistic Improvement and practice
-Amnesty
-Peace in the Middle East - under construction?
-Warwick drama
-Badminton
-Climbing
-Latin & Ballroom
-Lifesaving
-Netball
-Women's rugby
-Warwick nowsports

As you can tell, that is a lot. And I wanna do all but know that I'm gonna have to cut down to about 3. So tell me what you know of the above please :smile:. I cant wait to join them!!
Quinion
I'm carrying on with Table Football from last year as my main society. I'll be a member of the Student Cinema as it's just silly not to be really. Apart from that, I may do a bit of mentoring for HistorySoc if that's possible and I feel I'm up to it or have anything to offer.

Bear in mind by the way that the list of societies on the Student Union site is outdated. The football fans' society no longer exists as I found to my dismay last year - nobody had even heard of it when I asked at the fayre...

As was american sports fans, that left me somewhat dissapointed.
Reply 8
BelowPar
Are they secrets or can you share with us now? :p:

:ninja:
Reply 9
heh

I haven't really looked at what I'll join. I guess the Student Cinema one for sure and probaly badminton. Will have to wait and see when I get there :P
MademoiselleMaryam
-French society
-Amnesty
-Codpiece theatre
-Badminton
-Climbing
-Latin & Ballroom
-Lifesaving
-Netball
-Women's rugby
-Warwick snowsports

As you can tell, that is a lot. And I wanna do all but know that I'm gonna have to cut down to about 3. So tell me what you know of the above please :smile:. I cant wait to join them!!

Warwick snow is pretty big. They do a few tours a year that are supposed to be amazing and even have sponsorship I believe.
Reply 11
dont think pro evo soc exists anymore :frown:

im on poker soc exec and also play in a five a side team :biggrin:
Reply 12
Probably none.
Craft Soc (I probably should join that one as I'm the secretary!!)
Cheese and Chocolate
Photosoc
Art Soc
Student Cinema
Drama Collective (that one is free)
MademoiselleMaryam
-French society
-Amnesty
-Codpiece theatre
-Badminton
-Climbing
-Latin & Ballroom
-Lifesaving
-Netball
-Women's rugby
-Warwick snowsports

codpiece theatre run cool workshops each week (well they did this year anyway) join drama collective if you are interested in drama stuff, its free and means you get updates from all drama socs not just one you join like codpiece.
Rupert

That surprises me, everyone seems to play pro evo. (Myself included) ((but not really seriously)) lol
Rupert

im on poker soc exec and also play in a five a side team :biggrin:

if it no longer exists you could restart it yourself...everyone loves pro evo so I imagine there would be interest!
happydinosaur
codpiece theatre run cool workshops each week (well they did this year anyway) join drama collective if you are interested in drama stuff, its free and means you get updates from all drama socs not just one you join like codpiece.

Tbh I've never been that much into theater but I'd really like to try out some acting. I think it'll be fun and a good experience. This was the only thing that is mildly relevant that I found. I'm after something that serious
MademoiselleMaryam
Tbh I've never been that much into theater but I'd really like to try out some acting. I think it'll be fun and a good experience. This was the only thing that is mildly relevant that I found. I'm after something that serious

drama collective is perfect then as you get emails about the drama scene as whole for free (yep costs nothing to join the drama collective) ooh if you just want to try out a bit of acting then check out the WUDS weekend show which will happen term one. Its just one weekend so no commitment and lots of fun just being a bit silly. Last year we did Revolting Rhymes and had an awesome time.
happydinosaur
drama collective is perfect then as you get emails about the drama scene as whole for free (yep costs nothing to join the drama collective) ooh if you just want to try out a bit of acting then check out the WUDS weekend show which will happen term one. Its just one weekend so no commitment and lots of fun just being a bit silly. Last year we did Revolting Rhymes and had an awesome time.

oooh sounds interesting. Point me in the right direction please

Latest

Trending

Trending