ravencycled
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey guys i was just wondering, as i self teach myself psych AS edexcel, if anyone knows where to find notes on the 3 variations of milgram? it's the only thing i don't have atm, so it'd be great if someone could help. thanks
ravencycled
Rep:
?
///
Onlychantele
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got the information in hand right now as l am revising...l can type it up for you?

You mean all the variations?
ravencycled
Rep:
?
yes, if you don't mind that would be absolutely brilliant.
ravencycled
Rep:
?
and yeah all 3 variations
Onlychantele
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ravencycled)
and yeah all 3 variations
Proximity - involves how aware individuals are of the consequences of their actions in obeying authority figures. When the physical distance between the teacher and the learner in Milgram's study was made closer, participants were less able to divorce themselves from the consequences of their actions and so obedience rates were lower.

Location - of an environment can be relevant to the amount of perceived legitimate authority a person giving orders is seen to have. In locations that add to the perceived legitimacy of an authority figure, obedience rates will be higher. Obedience rates are often highest in settings where obedience to authority is instilled into members. For example, in the army, at school etc.

Uniform - the wearing of uniforms can give a perception of added legitimacy to authority figures when delivering orders, therefore increasing obedience rates.
ravencycled
Rep:
?
(Original post by Onlychantele)
Proximity - involves how aware individuals are of the consequences of their actions in obeying authority figures. When the physical distance between the teacher and the learner in Milgram's study was made closer, participants were less able to divorce themselves from the consequences of their actions and so obedience rates were lower.

Location - of an environment can be relevant to the amount of perceived legitimate authority a person giving orders is seen to have. In locations that add to the perceived legitimacy of an authority figure, obedience rates will be higher. Obedience rates are often highest in settings where obedience to authority is instilled into members. For example, in the army, at school etc.

Uniform - the wearing of uniforms can give a perception of added legitimacy to authority figures when delivering orders, therefore increasing obedience rates.
THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG i could cry, thank you!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (641)
48.49%
No (681)
51.51%

Watched Threads