The Student Room Group

My girlfriend is lazy, she just watches movie's and plays video games.

We have been dating for 6 months now. She never wants go out for a meal or anything else, she just wants to stay at home and order pizza. She is either playing video games or watching movies. She starting to gain a few pounds too.

Scroll to see replies

lol thats future me and me now
Coax her out with wisdom?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
We have been dating for 6 months now. She never wants go out for a meal or anything else, she just wants to stay at home and order pizza. She is either playing video games or watching movies. She starting to gain a few pounds too.

Get her to go jogging. Or ask her to invest in a treadmill. Used ones tend to be cheaper.

How are you not the happiest person in the world? The fact that you have a girlfriend amazes most TSRians, let alone the fact that she doesn't need fancy nights out and prefers to watch movies and play games.

Give your girlfriend to me. Give her. Now.
Reply 5

Best girlfriend ever?
Original post by tapir
Get her to go jogging. Or ask her to invest in a treadmill. Used ones tend to be cheaper.

That's a big step, you can't go from 0 to 60 that quick
Yeah asking her to get a treadmill is not going to go down well :laugh:
Seems like you both have different hobbies/interests? is there anything else you enjoy doing together? (apart from the obvious :colondollar:)
Might be worth finding stuff that brings you closer together- I'm sure you can find something she likes. Have you talked to her about this? If not, it may be worth doing so, subtly of course...
You should be happy.
Stick your mushroom tip in her while she's battling out a GTA Heist and it's a win win.
You're pissed at her for gaining a bit of weight, not exactly the 'best boyfriend', are you? :rolleyes:

Get fat together :biggrin:
Do everything together :smile:
Reply 13
lol sounds so much like my housemate at university

Try to find something you can enjoy together outside. Maybe try to take some inspiration from the games she plays or shows she watches (unless it's something like Breaking Bad- drugs are bad M'kay) or interests you know she has. Maybe something where you are doing something rather than just eating which you can do at home. You could try bowling, swimming, climbing, a walk in the park, cinema and shopping, spa day, the list goes on.
Loads of people go through stages they don't feel like they have any reason to go out and some people are just more introverted. You need to find something she wants to do and will enjoy.

When it comes down to it though you cannot choose how she lives her life and as long as she is happy it's not something you need to push. It may not be the best lifestyle choice, but it is her choice.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
You're pissed at her for gaining a bit of weight, not exactly the 'best boyfriend', are you? :rolleyes:

There is no point judging OP. He just said she's gained a few pounds too at the end. He isn't pissed at her for gaining weight. She also has a duty to provide her boyfriend support emotionally rather than putting no effort into the relationship. I', guessing you are a feminist?
if you don't want her anymore can I have her?
Wait there's a guy complaining that he doesn't have to ever take his girlfriend out? Jesus I thought no more weird stuff could possibly happen in 2016.
Reply 18
Wanna swap? Jokes
Original post by tapir

What great advice. I can imagine that will go down well....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending