The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Howard
Anybody in the circumstances you describe is "under the protection of the British government" That does not mean they can fall foul of another country's laws, show their little red passport, and expect to be sent on their way.

No but if they are being held by someone who we entered a war with then I think we should be allowed to try them. Or atleast make sure that they are being held fairly and legally which they aren't at the moment. If we were doing this to and American citizen there would be outrage in America.
Reply 61
Jools
Yeah I'm with randdom on this one, I doubt the majority of whites can tell the difference between Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs. As I said even Asians can't always tell, as there's so many who don't fit the "criteria".

Easy. Sikhs wear turbans and bangles. Hindus have spots on their foreheads. And moslems tend to wear white baggy clothes (for men) and black clothes with only a slit for the eyes (for women)

It's not that difficult.
Reply 62
it's all very well saying that muslims don't integrate etc but how many upper class people 'mix' with those living in council estates? even though they may both be 'white' and 'english', their backgrounds are vastly different. i would think that there are more mixed-race relationships than there are between an Etonian and a 'waynetta from the local estate'.
Reply 63
Howard
Easy. Sikhs wear turbans and bangles. Hindus have spots on their foreheads. And moslems tend to wear white baggy clothes (for men) and black clothes with only a slit for the eyes (for women)

It's not that difficult.

You obviously watch too much TV and don't get out very much.
helen69
it's all very well saying that muslims don't integrate etc but how many upper class people 'mix' with those living in council estates? even though they may both be 'white' and 'english', their backgrounds are vastly different. i would think that there are more mixed-race relationships than there are between an Etonian and a 'waynetta from the local estate'.

Now this is interesting and is a topic that hasn't cropped up. A public schoolboy and a working class council estater are not expected in our society to "integrate" due to class differences. Yet different races, assumably of the same social class, are.
Jools
Now this is interesting and is a topic that hasn't cropped up. A public schoolboy and a working class council estater are not expected in our society to "integrate" due to class differences. Yet different races, assumably of the same social class, are.

phew thank God you're on-line today Jools - I was worried that you were one of those Asians arrested yesterday on those anti-terror raids.

BTW does your passport license also have 'Jools' on it? :smile:
Biggles
BTW does your passport license also have 'Jools' on it? :smile:

:confused:
Reply 67
Biggles
phew thank God you're on-line today Jools - I was worried that you were one of those Asians arrested yesterday on those anti-terror raids.

One of those arrested lives in Bushey, Hertfordshire where i used to live, i used to go past his house on the bus on the way to school :biggrin:
Reply 68
Coss@ck
One of those arrested lives in Bushey, Hertfordshire where i used to live, i used to go past his house on the bus on the way to school :biggrin:

My Dad used to work with one of those arrested in Blackburn (indeed, he sacked him)
Jools
:confused:

Sorry typo I meant to ask does your pilot license also have ‘Jools’ on it...

Latest

Trending

Trending