The Student Room Group

Does this guy actually like me ?

So I went on 2 dates with a guy I met off tinder. He put in effort with texting and arranged the second date. In between the 2nd and 3rd date he went a little quiet with texting but I didn't mind as I didn't pick up on it until he got in touch and apologised for being quiet and asked me on a third date. On this date, he invited me round to his for dinner so he went to a bit of effort to cook for me and we just chatted and watched tv and then he gave me a lift home and kissed me in the car.

After this date, I messaged him just to say thank you blah and he replied etc but then a couple of days later when quiet with texting. It just confused me as I didn't know if he was still interested or not or if he was waiting for me to ask him out. Anyway, I sent him a message saying he'd been a bit quiet and wondered if he wanted to meet up again. He replied saying his grandma was ill and that's why he hasnt been in touch but he does want to meet up again so we set a date. He also made the effort to text me more. On the day of the date, he cancelled on me cos he was in a bad mood from work but made the effort to reschedule.

Then when we met up at the end of the date he apologised for being quiet and said he's recently come out of a long term relationship, and isn't wanting to rush or lead me on or upset me but he does really like me and things I'm good fun.

After this, I sent him a message saying we weren't right for each other and replied saying he enjoyed getting to know and hopes he hasn't upset me.

A few months later I randomly messaged him when I was drunk just saying hello. And he replied and we had a catch up conversation and about a month later he messaged me drunk saying hey. And the same thing, we had a catch up conversation and he invited me round to watch a film we weren't doing anything.

He kissed me and gave me a lift home but then again he's been quiet with messaging etc. Do you think I should just leave it down to him and when he wants to get in touch and date other guys too? Because i'd like to get to know him but I feel like he likes me but isn't in a rush to chase me. Like there's no harm in taking things slow but I'd like to know if this is taking things slow or him showing a lack of interest.

When a guy says he's recently come out of a long-term relationship is it an excuse and them trying to say they don't want anything serious? We did meet on tinder!
If a guy is interested, he'll let you know and you won't be questioning it.
Original post by Fay119
If a guy is interested, he'll let you know and you won't be questioning it.

That... That sounds a bit threatening tbh..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending