The Student Room Group

A level optionsss

Hi, I'm currently in Year 11 and really struggling on what a levels to pick next year.
I definitely want to do English Lit and History, but I'm torn between Spanish, Psychology and Biology (I can pick 4). I think I might want to go into Law in the future, but I'm not sure. Can you please comment on your thoughts and experiences with these subjects. Obviously I have never done Psychology before in GCSE, and both Spanish and Biology I am predicted A*'s. THankyou!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by flosiphy
Hi, I'm currently in Year 11 and really struggling on what a levels to pick next year.
I definitely want to do English Lit and History, but I'm torn between Spanish, Psychology and Biology (I can pick 4). I think I might want to go into Law in the future, but I'm not sure. Can you please comment on your thoughts and experiences with these subjects. Obviously I have never done Psychology before in GCSE, and both Spanish and Biology I am predicted A*'s. THankyou!!!!

If I were you, I would pick Spanish and biology, simply because there are a lot of essays in English lit and history, so having psychology as well would be so many essays to write. But take whatever you think you'll enjoy - they're all strong subjects.
Original post by flosiphy

Id do spanish, as a language is always good.
Out of the other 2- biology is good as at least you will have a science subject in there, and a bit of variety. On the other hand, psychology is a new subject. Look into it and see if it might interest you. It might be worth a try- you would always drop it if you realised you didnt like it.

Quick Reply

Latest