The Student Room Group

Alt-right licks the Russian boot again; Farage praises Putin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by yudothis
Is it common sense to take Königsberg away from Russia? Oh wait sorry, Kaliningrad. It makes sense, it is incredibly strategically important to them, doesn't really belong to them. According to you it would make common sense for NATO to take it.

That would work out well, wouldn't it?

Different story. There was an agreement+reparations from Germany's side for 2nd World War.

According to way you think Alaska should be taken back to Russia :biggrin:

Take your time and do the research first before replying in impulsive way. Also think what would you do if you were on your enemie's place.
Original post by Recont
Different story. There was an agreement+reparations from Germany's side for 2nd World War.

According to way you think Alaska should be taken back to Russia :biggrin:

Take your time and do the research first before replying in impulsive way. Also think what would you do if you were on your enemie's place.

Not different at all. Crimea was agreement and gift. In fact it was the least Stalin could do.

Take your time to think through your arguments first before replying in an impulsive way.
Reply 62
Not different at all. Crimea was agreement and gift. In fact it was the least Stalin could do.

Take your time to think through your arguments first before replying in an impulsive way.

Since 1991 there is no USSR any more. Still no reply to my questions in previous messages. Best way to avoid any inconvenient situations is to pretend that nothing happened :smile:
Original post by Recont
Since 1991 there is no USSR any more. Still no reply to my questions in previous messages. Best way to avoid any inconvenient situations is to pretend that nothing happened :smile:

I generally do not read irrelevant clutter that people post to distract from the initial issue. Which was "taking Crimea was common sense". You have not successfully presented a position as to why Crimea and Kaliningrad would be different. The fall of the USSR has no meaning on this either.
Reply 64
I generally do not read irrelevant clutter that people post to distract from the initial issue. Which was "taking Crimea was common sense". You have not successfully presented a position as to why Crimea and Kaliningrad would be different. The fall of the USSR has no meaning on this either.

If you don't read my messages in full then it is pointless to prove you anything thus no constructive dialogue. Your opinion is based only on information from one side (West). Try to listen to other opinions (East i.e news, channels etc,) and make your own conclusion. As for Kaliningrad there was an AGREEMENT after WW2. Crimea is a matter of SAFETY OF WHOLE COUNTRY.
Original post by Recont
If you don't read my messages in full then it is pointless to prove you anything thus no constructive dialogue. Your opinion is based only on information from one side (West). Try to listen to other opinions (East i.e news, channels etc,) and make your own conclusion. As for Kaliningrad there was an AGREEMENT after WW2. Crimea is a matter of SAFETY OF WHOLE COUNTRY.

Crimea belonged to the Ukraine. Russia took it. Common sense.

Kalingrad belongs to Russia. NATO should take it. Common sense.

Why would I watch Russian news channels that have been show to be propaganda mechanisms? Why do you think listening to those would change my mind and suddenly go "oh Russia, great country, Putin is a stellar human being"?
Reply 66
Crimea belonged to the Ukraine. Russia took it. Common sense.

Kalingrad belongs to Russia. NATO should take it. Common sense.

Why would I watch Russian news channels that have been show to be propaganda mechanisms? Why do you think listening to those would change my mind and suddenly go "oh Russia, great country, Putin is a stellar human being"?

Open map, find Crimea and find border of Russia. If there were NATO base it would take less than an hour to invade Russia.

Where did you find propaganda, proof? Why there is no propaganda in western news, proof? If 2 people with conflict go to court judge listens to both sides, same here. Listen, think, analyse.
Original post by Recont
Open map, find Crimea and find border of Russia. If there were NATO base it would take less than an hour to invade Russia.

Where did you find propaganda, proof? Why there is no propaganda in western news, proof? If 2 people with conflict go to court judge listens to both sides, same here. Listen, think, analyse.

Same with Kaliningrad and attacking NATO.

It's been demonstrated that Russian news works by someone tweeting something which gets picked up by more respectable sources and at the end of the line state media represents this as coming from reputable sources. Long before the US election and Brexit made fake news known, Russia was the king of fake news.

Russia's foreign secretary accused Germany of not investigating an alleged rape of a Russian girl. Both the non-investigation as well as the rape turned out to be complete fabrication. This is standard for Russia. The western media may be biased and selective in reporting, but state-directed lies are not part of the daily norm.
Reply 68
Same with Kaliningrad and attacking NATO.

It's been demonstrated that Russian news works by someone tweeting something which gets picked up by more respectable sources and at the end of the line state media represents this as coming from reputable sources. Long before the US election and Brexit made fake news known, Russia was the king of fake news.

Russia's foreign secretary accused Germany of not investigating an alleged rape of a Russian girl. Both the non-investigation as well as the rape turned out to be complete fabrication. This is standard for Russia. The western media may be biased and selective in reporting, but state-directed lies are not part of the daily norm.

NATO is afraid of armed conflicts. It wouldn't cost Russia anything to launch Topol-M to evacuated Kaliningrad or straight from Kaliningrad to each of NATO countries' capital.

Post links of fake news then. Sure there should be a lot of them if it is made on daily basis.

Rape thing...have you been next to that girl in Germany and saw what was actually happening (or not)? May be true, may be not.
Original post by Recont
NATO is afraid of armed conflicts. It wouldn't cost Russia anything to launch Topol-M to evacuated Kaliningrad or straight from Kaliningrad to each of NATO countries' capital.

Post links of fake news then. Sure there should be a lot of them if it is made on daily basis.

Rape thing...have you been next to that girl in Germany and saw what was actually happening (or not)? May be true, may be not.

So you are saying it was ok to take something that didn't belong to them because there would be no repercussions? Gotcha. Says a lot about you.

https://www.rt.com/

So you would question the account of the police, and later the girl when she admitted what actually happened? :facepalm: doesn't believe in fake Russian news but questions german police statements backed by the girl in question. :facepalm:

You do realize you come across as a complete tool, right? Pretentious about analyzing and seeing it all, when in reality you are the very same thing you accuse others of being.
Reply 70
So you are saying it was ok to take something that didn't belong to them because there would be no repercussions? Gotcha. Says a lot about you.

https://www.rt.com/

So you would question the account of the police, and later the girl when she admitted what actually happened? :facepalm: doesn't believe in fake Russian news but questions german police statements backed by the girl in question. :facepalm:

You do realize you come across as a complete tool, right? Pretentious about analyzing and seeing it all, when in reality you are the very same thing you accuse others of being.

3rd or 4th time replying to you that Crimea is right next to Russia's borders. It is NATO's issue that they cannot do anything about Kaliningrad.

So you trust German police and it can never fabricate anything? Never? People in western block never lie? :biggrin:

I can watch news in 4 different languages so I do not recommend you to have an argument on that, whilst you are limited to BBC and CNN?

P.S regarding RT link...find particular pieces of news that have propaganda or fake news, otherwise your statement is too vague.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Recont
3rd or 4th time replying to you that Crimea is right next to Russia's borders. It is NATO's issue that they cannot do anything about Kaliningrad.

So you trust German police and it can never fabricate anything? Never? People in western block never lie? :biggrin:

I can watch news in 4 different languages so I do not recommend you to have an argument on that, whilst you are limited to BBC and CNN?

And Kaliningrad is not right next to NATO's border?

You shouldn't make assumptions about people that are likely not to hold up, in this particular case even more so given I mentioned Germany as an example :wink:

"Tries to be clever by showing off language skills but can't realize the other poster pretty much gave away knowing at least another language other than "BBC/CNN"". Lol'd.

Why would it fabricate something? And the fact they did investigate can be proven by the material gathered. The girl coming out with the truth is also not enough.
Reply 72
And Kaliningrad is not right next to NATO's border?

You shouldn't make assumptions about people that are likely not to hold up, in this particular case even more so given I mentioned Germany as an example :wink:

"Tries to be clever by showing off language skills but can't realize the other poster pretty much gave away knowing at least another language other than "BBC/CNN"". Lol'd.

Why would it fabricate something? And the fact they did investigate can be proven by the material gathered. The girl coming out with the truth is also not enough. You really are that stupid? Or just Russian?

NATO's problem.

Why would Russia fabricate something? Where can I see that material? Any links? Are you 100% sure it is the same girl?

You are becoming toxic and offensive but it is Internet so carry on.

Just red what other people say about you in your profile so I am aware what you may say.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Recont
NATO's problem.

Why would Russia fabricate something? Where can I see that material? Any links? Are you 100% sure it is the same girl?

You are becoming toxic and offensive but it is Internet so carry on.

Just red what other people say about you in your profile so I am aware what you may say.

Russia's problem then. You really don't see how hypocritical you are?

I'm calling you out, if you find that offensive it means you find your own behavior offensive.

Relevance? And what alevelstress wrote, one person that has made a lot of enemies for his or her ridiculous posting, is others? And has meaning?

And why would Russia do that? You really can't see that? Better question is why would the Russian foreign secretary fall for fake news and talk about what or what not the German police did? Are you Russian?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 74
Russia's problem then. You really don't see how hypocritical you are?

I'm calling you out, if you find that offensive it means you find your own behavior offensive.

Relevance? And what alevelstress wrote, one person that has made a lot of enemies for his or her ridiculous posting, is others? And has meaning?

And why would Russia do that? You really can't see that? Better question is why would the Russian foreign secretary fall for fake news and talk about what or what not the German police did? Are you Russian?

Russia has sorted out it's problem, as I see. If you are NATO representative and consider Kaliningrad a problem then comment why you are not capable to sort it out?

You don't really see how vague you are? Just general phrases and no facts at all. "They had whole case of investigation" where is that case? Did you see it by yourself? Note that I didn't say a word about that it was true or not, just asking for evidence, you cannot provide them but you plainly believe that eastern news are propaganda and western are not with 100% honesty. Is it just because you were born or live on western side of Eurasia?

Involving other users and other users' quotes is just incapability of putting a reasonable argument against or for something thus trying to find like-thinking people to have advantage in count.
Original post by Recont
Russia has sorted out it's problem, as I see. If you are NATO representative and consider Kaliningrad a problem then comment why you are not capable to sort it out?

You don't really see how vague you are? Just general phrases and no facts at all. "They had whole case of investigation" where is that case? Did you see it by yourself? Note that I didn't say a word about that it was true or not, just asking for evidence, you cannot provide them but you plainly believe that eastern news are propaganda and western are not with 100% honesty. Is it just because you were born or live on western side of Eurasia?

Involving other users and other users' quotes is just incapability of putting a reasonable argument against or for something thus trying to find like-thinking people to have advantage in count.

I don't care whether NATO do it or not. This is a hypothetical argument that it is "common sense" to take what isn't yours...you still haven't got that?

I linked you an entire website that is full of ****, what more evidence do you want? Are you Russian?

You were the one bringing up a random guy's posts on my profile...lmao
Reply 76
I don't care whether NATO do it or not. This is a hypothetical argument that it is "common sense" to take what isn't yours...you still haven't got that?

I linked you an entire website that is full of ****, what more evidence do you want? Are you Russian?

You were the one bringing up a random guy's posts on my profile...lmao

"entire website that is full of ****" why? Predicting answer from you "because it is"...no comments on that.

Just reminds me an argument with a girls who says "because I am right". Just nothing to reply, really.
May i suggest the guys above are having the wrong argument. Instead of arguing whether certain acts are right or wrong, what you should be accepting is that regardless of whether the west breaks its word ect.. it is still in our self interest to prevent Russian expansion.
Original post by Recont
"entire website that is full of ****" why? Predicting answer from you "because it is"...no comments on that.

Just reminds me an argument with a girls who says "because I am right". Just nothing to reply, really.

Look belief that RT is not full of ****. I have seen numerous times how their stories are full of it. Yes, I can't be arsed to find the evidence for you. You are the one that is so much about looking at all sides and analyzing etc. So actually do what you say.
Original post by Rakas21
May i suggest the guys above are having the wrong argument. Instead of arguing whether certain acts are right or wrong, what you should be accepting is that regardless of whether the west breaks its word ect.. it is still in our self interest to prevent Russian expansion.

Yes it is in our interests.

Where do you draw the line, however?

i would argue that it should be drawn on the borders of NATO members. One of the articles of the NATO Treaty is that an attack on one member is an attack on all. This contained Soviet expansion and Russian expansion post the Soviet collapse up until the invasion of Georgia, then the annexation (or reincorporation to Russian eyes) of Crimea and the de facto division of Ukraine.

The Baltic States are part of NATO, and it must be made clear to Putin that they will be defended. That is the line in the sand going forward, if Trump will hold to it.

But it is complicated. Turkey is a NATO country, but now closer to Russia than the US.

Some people argue that NATO itself is on its last legs. If so, all bets are off and perhaps we should cease t speak of "the west" in the way we have always done since WW2...

Quick Reply

Latest