Anyone else finding the new Geography B spec for edexcel (AS) incredibly vague?

Watch
Meatimus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Due to it being a new specification I have only found example material ( 1 paper for Edexcel). There is hardly any content for it online, the textbooks are just as vague as the exam board, and even my teacher doesn't seem to be confident with it. In my class, we have rushed through Tectonics, Coastal Change and just started on globalisation. They have just been chucking case studies and geofiles at us and we have no idea how to organise the information or even know what is necessary to know for the exam (surely we don't have to learn all of it? it makes Chemistry and Biology look like GCSEs.) I understand that as a subject Geography is going to be quite vague and require some critical thinking and extra knowledge but the course I'm doing seems so messy and I don't really know what to prioritise in my revision ( or even what to learn.)

Any help for what to prioritise?
How have you been doing in the course so far (AS Edexcel 2016 year 12) ?
Have you got any online recourses that could help?

Sorry about the mess that is my writing style. I think you can guess why I didn't take English Language
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
howsyaAlevelgoin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

Focus on revising the case studies and main processes for Tectonics and for Globalisation. In some cases even if you don't know the answer, using a relevant case study can boost your marks for those tricky high-mark answers.

I would use CoolGeography for case studies (though the website is based on AQA the case studies are still relevant). Also, head to the specification and go through it, making sure you understand exactly what you need to know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed