Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys have an exercise regime. I used to go to the gym but when that expired I havent been doing anything and the weight is piling on esp abs and butt.

I went jogging today for about an hour (to be honest 2 mins jogging the rest walking!)

I was wondering what all of you guys do to stay trim, and tell me the truth not some 5 hour celebrity yoga crap please!!!

ReputationRep:
    noone is going to bother to talk to me .... thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    Do any of you guys have an exercise regime. I used to go to the gym but when that expired I havent been doing anything and the weight is piling on esp abs and butt.

I went jogging today for about an hour (to be honest 2 mins jogging the rest walking!)

I was wondering what all of you guys do to stay trim, and tell me the truth not some 5 hour celebrity yoga crap please!!!
    been a lot of posts on about this recently , u could search em out . chck up on the net ull find tons of info ... it will b better than wat advice ull get here ... whenever an excercise post comes up people start to take digs at each other ....

ur jogging thing is good , jogging and swimming are excellent cardio excercises

ReputationRep:
    make sure ur eating rite , as long as u do that and keep up cardio ur weight will eventually drop . u dont even have to do weight training , give skipping a try .... its fun and builds strentgh in ur legs

ReputationRep:
    Yeh the only way i go swimming is in a private gym..its less humiliating then a public swimming pool so when i join the gym again in sept ill be doing this. Im soooo lazy I'm temping in an office and all I do is snack all day on junk because Im so bored!!! then I complain about my large body

ReputationRep:
    Yeh the only way i go swimming is in a private gym..its less humiliating then a public swimming pool so when i join the gym again in sept ill be doing this. Im soooo lazy I'm temping in an office and all I do is snack all day on junk because Im so bored!!! then I complain about my large body
    im sure ur not as big as u say u r but u shuld really cut the junk food out or u wont see any positive changes , when u do join the gym u should give weight training a try too . it burns fat faster than n e excercise though some people here dont agree

ReputationRep:
    *no Fuking Comment*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    u dont even have to do weight training
    yes but weight training will tone the muslces giving a firmer toned appearance. However, the most important aspect of this is that it will increase your metabolism meaning you can eat more without putting on body fat. Don't worry (presuming your a woman) though you wont put on muscle in the same way as a bloke you havnt got the testosterone and hence you wont end up built like a bloke.

i reccomend, cutting out all snacks and doing min 20 mins exercise a day until you reach a satisfactory body fat level. Then reintroduce more food to maintain your ideal fat level whilst keeping up the cv/weights for fitness purposes.

Tip, invest in body fat scales, these are much better than going by your weight. Aim for between 16% and 20% (again presuming your a female). 10% - 15% if your a guy.

ReputationRep:
    Got a dance mat recently, hopefully doing that often will keep me fit . The other part of my 'regieme' is walking everywhere, any distance - I'm too cheap to take the bus!

ReputationRep:
    I try to jog a few miles each day, and I walk almost everywhere. When the swimming pool reopens at the sports centre near my house, I'll probably go there too. The best idea is to be patient...there were a few months about two years ago when I did virtually no exercise at all, and I was so unfit afterwards...it just took time to get back into the routine again.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you girls are not fat - a lot of girls are just over-conscious about it. Ive found a lot of girls think they are too fat but they just have big boobs or are slightly curvy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW)
    I bet you girls are not fat - a lot of girls are just over-conscious about it. Ive found a lot of girls think they are too fat but they just have big boobs or are slightly curvy.
    Mmmm, have had enough of girls saying they are fat when they are not. What really gets me is why do you continue to argue when told u r not!

ReputationRep:
    I temp too. What i do to alleviate the boredom and get some exercise is to go for long pointless walks around the building, up and down the stairs, every hour and a half to coincide wiith the legal nedd for us to take breaks from the computer screens!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovalorbit)
    Got a dance mat recently, hopefully doing that often will keep me fit . The other part of my 'regieme' is walking everywhere, any distance - I'm too cheap to take the bus!
    i tried doing this.. then i realised that a 5min bus journey takes about 45mins to walk.. so right now im not sure what i should next time i need to go to town centre

ReputationRep:
    take up smoking
    supposedly loooadsa people loose weight that way

*oooh controversial...lol muwahahah*

x o x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissSmile)
    take up smoking
    supposedly loooadsa people loose weight that way

*oooh controversial...lol muwahahah*

x o x
    How about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

lol, didnt mean it in quite such a way.. but still the statement stands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    How about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

lol, didnt mean it in quite such a way.. but still the statement stands
    ur sig says it all ...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.